Feedback - Updates (Archived)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8,085
  • Views Views 760,246

How is the forum performing for you wrt speed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing. i could have used DigitalOcean or vultr or any of the other companies. it is dreamhost which has become the problem. they fucked their vps plans a while ago making them just as sad as shared plans. i was just being lazy in moving away because it is just easier to manage. on Linode, i am dependent upon a friend who helps me with configuring the server. plus of course, there is zero support from linode wrt software because they are only providing the hardware. i do get around 3-4 times more resources for around the same cost. plus server is in singapore so performance is boosted. plus i have more control over the server so i can add php modules that helps with caching and further improve performance.

Oh i considered e2e. they have a great plan for 3500 that gets you 15GB RAM with cPanel. I wanted to go for that. But Indian hosting comes with its own issues. Legal and GST. I am currently on the USD 20 plan on Linode.

4 GB RAM
2 CPU Cores
80 GB SSD Storage
4 TB Transfer
40 Gbps Network In
4000 Mbps Network Out

this is similar to what i was paying on DH VPS which had only 1GB RAM. costs just around 1400 rupees. E2E would have made a lot of sense if i actually had any traffic on this website.

Getting 500 more often. Previously, there was hardly any such errors.

Linode provides solid platform. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to go with linode anyday.

i am dependent upon a friend who helps me with configuring the server.

If you need any assistance with the server, please do not hesitate to contact me. I spend most of the time with such servers.

yeah. forum is not the problem. i have a bunch of small wordpress blogs running here for clients. those are the ones causing issues.
once that settles down, it should be fine.

so looks like there was an issue that showed an error during posting. resulting in duplicate.
if that happens again, please report here so that i can make some more changes. 😶

ok. found the issue. should be fixed now. apparently forum has been broken since last night. i only realized now 😒

Status
Not open for further replies.