what is the maximum speed for bsnl 3g networks

@HE-MAN Check speed at different location, if possible travel 1-2KM away from your house and check speed on different towers. Are you getting same speed even in the late night and early morning?

I get 1MB/sec most of the times. The biggest annoyance however is that it automatically disconnects every 20 minutes or so.

@HE-MAN Check speed at different location, if possible travel 1-2KM away from your house and check speed on different towers. Are you getting same speed even in the late night and early morning?
changed location being to different parts of city same speeds. They are capping the speeds for sure. Late night or whatever the time is speeds are same no matter the location or time.
Dont recharge with 1099rs from now on everyone just be on safe side recharge with 498rs pack. If your speeds are capped you wont be stuck with it for long

Last edited:
Yes, they are capping, For me first eight days were a breeze and I crossed 300GB around of Downloads+Uploads ( Speed were like 1.4 MBps stable even during the day) but then after 280-300 GB speed became totally unstable sometimes it used to give 2 Mbps flat then it's back to fast 1MBps range. So I choose to switch off data for a day then restarted data, It gave 1MBps and above flat for 10-15 hours then again slow speed. I had another BSNL sim to check the speeds in which I did 1GB recharge and checked speed it was a breeze. So, I think there must be capping. I wouldn't blame BSNL 3G for that because I must be choking their network even I crossed 400GB for 498 Rs that's nearly 1GB per Rupee. Great going BSNL............

So whats the FUP limit if you have to take a guess. Also they cannot claim that it is without speed restrictions

Last edited:
Yes, they are capping, For me first eight days were a breeze and I crossed 300GB around of Downloads+Uploads ( Speed were like 1.4 MBps stable even during the day) but then after 280-300 GB speed became totally unstable sometimes it used to give 2 Mbps flat then it's back to fast 1MBps range. So I choose to switch off data for a day then restarted data, It gave 1MBps and above flat for 10-15 hours then again slow speed. I had another BSNL sim to check the speeds in which I did 1GB recharge and checked speed it was a breeze. So, I think there must be capping. I wouldn't blame BSNL 3G for that because I must be choking their network even I crossed 400GB for 498 Rs that's nearly 1GB per Rupee. Great going BSNL............
Why would you not blame BSNL? They advertised it as Full Unlimited plan so they don't have any right to put a cap on your speed. Its clear cheating in my opinion.

What can we do? We got screwed over by Jio when they started 4gb limit and now Bsnl is restricting speeds. I dont have any other option I will do 498rs recharge after validity expires and see if the speeds improve or not

At least JIO made it clear before capping speed after 4GB/Day. What BSNL did was unacceptable, and I agree what can we do, we don't have much options left.

It's network problem in your place getting 10mbps in pune. Bsnl not throttling even after 1tb usage.

I waited for JIO to release its JIOFI and when I purchased it for 2899 they launched JIO and JIOFI price got slashed to 1900/- then they promised to give me UL internet for 3months, but they changed it to 4GB/day which now every 4G mobile user is getting for free. So, After JIO loot all these speed cap of BSNL looks too small to me and even If I complain they will surely not bother to get it correct as its not network problem. @Saurabh Srivastava

Last edited:

loading itself takes 5 minutes test and the test run for 2 minutes or more. Any way to complaint customer care something

Did that customer care said nothing wrong from their end or network and told me maybe my handset is malfunctioning. So apparently 2 dongles and 3 mobile are all busted when it comes to Bsnl 3g. if its capping or network congestion I would be able to tell after 25th when my validity expires. Till then chalne do jaisa chalra hai