• Thread starter Thread starter max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 5,407

max

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
I noticed certain ad that keeps popping up on the forum. Its a whole page ad. I was a bit confused at first and thought it might be adware or something but then realized that tehy are genuine ads. I just feel that even though they are a new source of revenue such ads which "jump up" on unsuspecting users are quite annoying. Please reconsider putting such ads. But if they are going to keep this forum going then I think we all can bear with them 🙂

i haven't noticed anything like that 🤔

I noticed this too (using firefox) however strange i noticed it on one another forum also linuxgguy! 😉

these ads are region targeted and india is rarely the targeted region. and you would not get to see the ad more than once a day. it is rare for me myself to get this ad considering most of the advertisers are targeting USA or European countries.

once a day? i am sure u dont get to see them more than once a day. that's what they promise anyways... and this ad in the screenshot i see is targeted at the indian visitors considering they are for a university in wales aiming to get students from here.now come on. they dont appear on every page load. they dont popup or popunder. they dont flash or blink!

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Jan 14 2007, 01:55 PM) [snapback]75060[/snapback]
now come on. they dont appear on every page load. they dont popup or popunder. they dont flash or blink![/b]
They are bad because they come without a warning. As I said a couple of times I thought my machine was infected but it was unlikely as I use Linux most of the time. When I got the ad even on my Win2k3 server I had to clear it up.

Edit: I got it again! I DONT want to go to the university of wales! 🙁 I am in MUMBAI! I dont even have so much money to go to wales!! 🙁 Whaaa.... ahem just kidding... 😛 well I am getting it everyday now... Either they think I am from wales or MTNL IP range is fishy 😉

GSV13, hey its max and not linuxgguy !