Awesome footage of BrahMos in action

• Thread starter Thread starter kreacher10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,608
Amazing

Ironically, these 300km cruise missiles are efficient compared to multi-million dollars 5000km ICBMs.Since ICBMs fly at high altitudes, it is easier to catch them with radars and shoot them down. Cruise missiles can fly at lower altitude, sometimes skimming land and sea so they can escape radar detection.Pakistanis have the chinese supplied cruise missile. I highly doubt if they have fused nuclear warheads on it. It's one thing making an efficient warhead without it fizzling away. It's a totally different thing to miniaturise(less weight) its design for it to load inside the rocket cone.Gone are the days when you could just carry the warhead on a plane and drop it over the target(hiroshima nagasaki).The israeli Iron dome is specifically made to catch lower altitude missiles. Israel is so small that just 2-3 nuclear cruise missiles could evaporate most of its population if they ever got through security radars.

sachins said:
Ironically, these 300km cruise missiles are efficient compared to multi-million dollars 5000km ICBMs.
These (ICBM's) were never meant for conventional warheads. So that 'inaccuracy' would not amount to anything.
sachins said:
Since ICBMs fly at high altitudes, it is easier to catch them with radars and shoot them down. Cruise missiles can fly at lower altitude, sometimes skimming land and sea so they can escape radar detection.
Heard of hypersonic missiles??
sachins said:
Gone are the days when you could just carry the warhead on a plane and drop it over the target(hiroshima nagasaki).
For the uninitiated a lot of countries are again designing ‘Long range strategic bombers
kreacher10 said:
These were never meant for conventional warheads. So that 'inaccuracy' would not amount to anything.
Heard of hypersonic missiles??
For the uninitiated a lot of countries are again designing ‘Long range strategic bombers
Info on all this can be found on defense blogs & on the net in general.

@kreacher10Long range indian missiles have a guidance issue. It has been for years. You need something like a GPS constellations to guide them beyond a specific range, something which only US and russia has. How inaccurate you ask? Suppose we fire one at middle-east, the chances are that it'll fall somewhere in africa or russia.Shooting down a long range missile is easy. You can might as well call them dumb missiles. Hence, their success rate(getting through enemy defences) are very less. I guess if you fire 10 in consecutive, 2-3 will get through. The rest will likely be shot down by ABMs.Stealth is a complicated technology, sort of like hit n miss.

sachins said:
Long range indian missiles have a guidance issue. It has been for years. You need something like a GPS constellations to guide them beyond a specific range, something which only US and russia has. How inaccurate you ask? Suppose we fire one at middle-east, the chances are that it'll fall somewhere in africa or russia.
Very inaccurate, in fact indian MGS is of world class level better than China and comparable to US/Russia.
Agni-V is SUPER ACCURATE (within a few metres of the designated target point). NextGen Agni-VI will be HyperSonic, 10k KM range, Burst mode (MaRV/MiRV) and sub-meter accuracy.

sachins said:
Shooting down a long range missile is easy. You can might as well call them dumb missiles. Hence, their success rate(getting through enemy defences) are very less. I guess if you fire 10 in consecutive, 2-3 will get through. The rest will likely be shot down by ABMs.
Search 'Project Devil' and 'Project Valiant'. How about K-4 & K-5 series? Pinaka is sufficient for any low-altitude incoming warhead destruction.

sachins said:
@kreacher10Long range indian missiles have a guidance issue. It has been for years. You need something like a GPS constellations to guide them beyond a specific range, something which only US and russia has. How inaccurate you ask? Suppose we fire one at middle-east, the chances are that it'll fall somewhere in africa or russia.
I beg to differ with you, your example is way off even by exaggerated standards 😀. I think you have ben misinformed. What @whoru007 said is correct. Also I think you have not understood what I was trying to communicate, when it has a N warhead even off by a Km is of no consequence.
sachins said:
@kreacher10Shooting down a long range missile is easy. You can might as well call them dumb missiles. Hence, their success rate(getting through enemy defences) are very less. I guess if you fire 10 in consecutive, 2-3 will get through. The rest will likely be shot down by ABMs.Stealth is a complicated technology, sort of like hit n miss.
You have not considered or read about hypersonic technology (under test in many countries), here the warhead comes at that speed & is impossible to stop. Without getting into stleath tech if you have MIRV warheads the receipent will never know which is a dummy warhead (if they exist on the payload) or the real deal 🙂
Consider all this in a N scenario.... scary !!!!!