Kevin Pietersen forced to retire

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 12,694
No Kevin Pietersen return - Andrew Strauss | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
KP slams 'deceitful' ECB
Kevin Pietersen has said he is "absolutely devastated" after being told he will not be able to resume his England career. Writing in his Telegraph column, Pietersen said he had not expected such a final decision after being asked to meet with Andrew Strauss and Tom Harrison on Monday evening and suggested he had been misled by Colin Graves, the ECB's incoming chairman.

"I went into the meeting expecting Strauss to say that England's batting order is good at the moment but if I continued to score runs and if an injury occurred then I would be in contention to play," he wrote. "I would naturally have to earn my recall, but at least I would be eligible. But no. Quite simply, I feel deeply misled. Tom has tried to say that Colin Graves was misrepresented by the media when he said there was a way back for me.

"I'm afraid, as everyone can clearly see, this is the biggest load of rubbish. I had two phone conversations with Colin Graves and he was crystal clear in saying I had to get a county, score runs and that there was a clean slate. He said that when he comes in as chairman he wants the best players playing for England. He told me that on the phone in two separate conversations. He also repeated it to national newspapers.

"I have done everything I can. Was I lied to by the chairman? Only he can answer that. Tom Harrison and Andrew Strauss have said today that all three of them are united in this decision, so I don't know what to think."

Well, if what he says is true then ECB trolled him...

Feeling bad for KP. He is potentially good candidate for ZEE's new venture in (rebel) Cricket league, unless BCCI stops him from joing it 🙂

Its unlikely they will pick him though, a chance with team like Zimbabwe would have had more possibility or even teams in the Europe like Ireland, Netherlands or even Scotland...