• Views Views 2,264

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Nuzzel - ASUS' Chromebox arrives in March for $179

The most compact Chromebox yet, the computer comes sporting either Intel's Celeron 2955U or i3-4010 processor. Another i7 version of the box will be available outside of North America. Under the hood of the svelte 4.88 x 4.88 x 1.65-inch device, you'll get Intel-integrated HD graphics and 16GB of onboard storage. If you need more room to store your stuff, Asus is also offering buyers 100GB of free cloud storage through Google Drive. Display-wise, the i3 and i7 Chromebox supports 4K Ultra High-Definition displays, and all three have HDMI and DisplayPort out ports for dual-monitor capabilities. You'll also find four USB 3.0 ports on the device, as well as a built-in SD card reader. You can snag your own ASUS Chromebox in March starting at $179.

Coming to India soon. I am not sure about the market though. Chromebooks do make sense coz they are portable. This is not portable.

ASUS Chromebox - Chromebox - ASUS

The product comes in three models ranging between Rs 21,000 and Rs 58,000. The three models are - Asus Chromebox CN60 (Celeron) at Rs 21,000, Asus Chromebox CN60 (Core i3) at Rs 36,500 and Asus Chromebox CN60 (Core i7) at Rs 58,000.

Asus launches Chromebox in India starting at Rs 21,000 - The Times of India

I do not think this pricing is good. I was able to make myself a i5 box within around 30K. Sure this system is compact and all that shit but it still does not really make sense at these inflated pricing. The 21000 rupee version costs USD 180+taxes in USA for example.