Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Edition (Returned)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 9,279
Guess what... It has a bright pixel. Google tells me that this problem is pretty common. Now checking how to get a replacement.

Looks like this is going to be an experience that would match my dealings with Dell. What a mess.

https://imgur.com/a/qIvBT

--

Amazon.in website is complicated. The language is messed up.

Amazon does not offer replacements as an option except for Kindles.

I have no idea what this means. Kindle does not seem to have any option for replacement. So picked the option for a refund.

Let's hope this is processed without any issues.

---

Ok. Another confusion. How do I find out if this is the first generation Kindle or the second generation Kindle because this:

Bought the Vish Puri book as planned. Already read 10% of it. Feels alright.

i think the problem magnifies in paperwhite model because the backlight highlights any affected pixels. on my unit when i turned the light off, i could not see any issue on the display because well there was no brightness. 😀
Dextermorgan said:
So they've initiated an refund. Plan on buying kindle once again?
I want to. I have bought a bunch of books and accessories. I liked the experience of reading on the Kindle the few hours I spent using it. But of course, concerned about dealing with this issue again and again.
Based on what I found on Google... My issue was quite minor. People have got worse units. With dark blotches all over the screen. Some have issues related to wi-fi connectivity. There is just a one year warranty so it's not very comforting. I mean 11K is a significant amount of money for a product that probably cannot be repaired in the local market 😀

HTC One X had a proximity sensor issue. The sensor was glowing. Which apparently was not abnormal but should not have happened so frequently. 😀Dell... God. My U3011 is out of warranty. Display has developed issues that would in normal cases get me a replacement. Since I cannot ask for a replacement now, I am planning to use it till it is manageable and then switch to something smaller. Sadly, none of the other companies have decent displays in India so I might end up going for a cheaper Dell. Their displays might suck (for me) but at least the replacements are made at my home.

(An asshole) Friend took my speakers last evening and did not return as promised.Ordered the Kindle again few minutes ago as I realized that I really need alternative things to keep me busy.I have tons of content ready to be watched but it's worthless without speakers 😕Also should order good quality headphones.

Looks like I am getting myself new speakers as well. Looking at the time right now, it seems unlikely that he is dropping my speakers to my place on the way to his office. Just got the confirmation. The money was refunded to the account for returned Kindle.

I was hoping it would land today. Down with viral and it is frustrating to rest in bed. Still not arrived.

It has landed! Woo. Fingers crossed for a defect free unit! brrr. the bottom of the display is darker than the rest of the area. and there is a minor defect in the display right in the center of the screen. considering what to do. freaks.

You are one unlucky guy man! I would have returned this too and be done with it.It's sold by Croma too right? You might Want to pick It up from a store and physically check it there itself.

heh. right. i have tweeted to Amazon india. they usually never respond to queries. i would probably send it back and keep ordering new units. 😀

chromaniac said:
It has landed! Woo. Fingers crossed for a defect free unit!brrr. the bottom of the display is darker than the rest of the area. and there is a minor defect in the display right in the center of the screen. considering what to do. freaks.
Bad luck again. :numbness:
It seems to me that all the units of Kindle paperwhite are defective.
I dropped my idea of upgrading from kindle e ink reader to paperwhite after reading your reviews 😛eaceful:

Just going to say here that I am talking about very minor defects that would be hard to capture on the camera to showcase here.

This time the replacement option is available. I am going to try it once more before giving up completely. Amazon can go to hell.

Or maybe not.

Applied for refund. I wish there were eink devices powered by Android lol.

Well yeah. Though I am not sure if it is considered a defect for Kindle Paperwhite devices.The other problem is hard to catch in images but is quite noticeable in plain backgrounds. It's something like a 5mm long cut. Something like a scratch but inside the display and not on the surface. Again hard to explain.