1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the Dlink 2750u as a true Ethernet WAN router

Discussion in 'Routers - Modems - Dongles' started by Manoj Mathew, Feb 2, 2014.

1. siren

siren Gadget Freak
    Regulars

Thank You for the detailed guide. I successfully ran it for a year using.

1. BSNL connection.
    2. Wired iBall modem ADSL2.
    3. LAN from modem to 2750U LAN4.
    4. Perfectly working as an ethernet router using IP over Ethernet. I entered my id pass in iBall modem and gave the internet connection to Dlink by LAN port. This setup was working for a year or so.

Now I discarded the iBall modem and bought TP-Link 8968 modem. I entered id pass in TPlink and fed it to Dlink using LAN to LAN4.
    As i made no changes to Dlink, i am not getting internet access. Same setup and i always used to get internet access by iBall modem.

I know i am using BSNL and still getting internet using IP over ethernet as id pass is entered in main modem and not in Dlink.

Can anyone guide me why my TPlink and Dlink combo is not working?anything I am missing? I have 2 units of 2750U and it doesnt work with it also.

2. lockhrt999

lockhrt999 Member
    Regulars

I have 2750u C1 version. Installed RRRRussiam firmware. Even though this firmware looks good, it's very heavy and laggy and I have to keep disabling enabling the lan from computer to get to the admin panel. Anyway I tried adding WAN connection which obviously didn't work. MAC cloning really doesn't work on russian firmware. To add the WAN connection it's better to use the wizard from the quick settings page (instead of advance), once you get to the stage when the last icon on router which looks like a globe turns red, you need to call your ISP to catch the new MAC address (which will be your router's default MAC). Only after that it will turn green and you will get internet.

3. munabhai

munabhai Member
    Regulars

Guys if i change the firmware will i be able to go back to the original one?

My router is DSL 2750U V1 which firmware should i use?

4. mani

mani Member

Hi Manoj,
    I have been using 2750U with ADSL,but recently switched to Jio and i would like to know if it is possible to use Dlink 2750u as repeater to extend range of my mobile hotspot?

5. dushy

dushy New Member

I installed ME version on my router DSL 2750 C1 version. I had to struggle for setting it right. I am using Railwire internet. But Now it works smoothly. NRU software seems to be not working right for me. Happy with ME version. Can anyone tell whether DLNA can be set up on the router.