1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Fast Auto Login Script for Reliance Broadband

Discussion in 'Reliance Broadband' started by pteek, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Kunal Roy

Kunal Roy Newbie
    Regulars

Would it be fine if I keep the downloaded file in a created folder on my C Drive? Doing it now, will report back. Thanks :)

2. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

Any folder. Python would most likely install itself into the PATH configuration allowing you to run .py files from anywhere on the machine. You can put it on desktop and double click on it to dial in. You can put it in startup folder. Even taskbar. Anywhere. I have it scheduled to run at boot time using Task Scheduler in Windows.

3. Kunal Roy

Kunal Roy Newbie
    Regulars

When I try running it via CMD, I keep getting a syntax error (highlighting the last letter of my password)

4. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

are you sure you did not accidentally remove some quote or something? :D

5. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

Try this script.

Ubuntu Pastebin

Save it as a .py file. Edit the username and password.

6. Kunal Roy

Kunal Roy Newbie
    Regulars

Oops :p, the last quote following my password was missing :p. Working now and logged in. Thanks!

Sushubh likes this.
  7. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

Cool. I was able to set it up with VBS and make it run in the background so give that a try too.

Kunal Roy likes this.
  8. Kunal Roy

Kunal Roy Newbie
    Regulars

9. pteek

pteek Newbie
    Regulars

I am afraid your friend is confused here. 1 TCP handshake every 10 seconds from 1000s of users(absolute max for this script) won't even come close to DDOSing Google public DNS which handles >80,000 request per second worldwide.

I choose Google because Reliance peers with them and they are among the companies that handle largest amount of traffic on the Internet.

10. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

well of course, google can handle any kind of traffic you can send to their servers and pings are nothing compared to what they deal with every second. the point my friend was trying to make was that there was no need to continuously ping google dns to verify if the connectivity had broken or not.

now i do not know what technique he is using to verify if the connection is working or not. you can check his version of the script here:

Source

I did like your version of the script because it did work great in the background. Though you have made some changes in the recent times? I recently checked it and there was need for another package in addition to Python?

I could not get the script above to run continuously in the background. But it does work fine to login to Reliance gateway when their freaking login page does not load. It also crashes randomly so running it in foreground also has not worked for me.