dvois ssv ion cablebroadband

• Thread starter Thread starter HELLWARS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 49,250
cyber_avijit said:
this is know as softeltelecom for Kolkata.. but sadly they do not have feasibility at 700039
Yeah. And moreover the price is very expensive compared to mumbai 🙁
Its way to expensive and they dont even have peering and shits not even dc hub

Kolkata is as usual way way behind

samarth202 said:
Can i use my existing MTNL wifi router for dvois? My modem is beetel 450TC1
yes you can provided you know how to configure the router by your self dvois people will help you if pay them(if you dont know how to configure your router yourself) i am using dvois from 5 years my recomendation to you is to buy the router from dvois ssv and please tell me where are you from...

cyber_avijit said:
this is know as softeltelecom for Kolkata.. but sadly they do not have feasibility at 700039

The IT Guru said:
Yeah. And moreover the price is very expensive compared to mumbai 🙁
Its way to expensive and they dont even have peering and shits not even dc hub
please can you post your speed test here thanks in advance....

if ur asking me i would say i didnt get their connection as they are about 2 KM away from my place

softeltelecom agreed to provide Fiber connection to my place. as of now they are checking nearby area and after that they will put fiber..
But In this forum are there anyone Who Might be using their connection ? If Yes can you please share your experience ?

buddy can you share a bigger screenshot? its hard to makeout the the place you are downloading from.

fastest In India ?? :Shoot:
AFAIK dvois ion ssv has 100mbps LAN so wont get more than 12.5mB/s file transfer speed.
Its probably a glitch and happens all the time.

My friend has one their packages.. 10mbps UL @2500 per month. 😕
That's like 100x better than beam, act combined.

I have recently got the dvois ion broadband in nerul. But i m able to connect just through direct broadband wire not through router. I m using TP-Link router. After connecting through pppoe connection and entering id pass it shoes no internet access. Should i have to do something else to route my Internet through router tp link. I have lodged a complain bt no one has come.

Your routers MAC id will have to be registered with your service provider. Or you can clone your systems MAC id with the router and then connect.

YES , DVOIS TEAM IS THE WORST INTERNET SERVICE I HAVE SEEN IN ALL THESE YEARS
Reasons >
- Extremely slow speed , Speed test .net will show 4 MBPS whereas the net wont operate more than 1 MBPS or less than 512 KBPS .
- Test my speed shows 1 MBPS [ screenshots taken shown to thier engineer as well as send via mail .
- Issue seen sine last 4 months and no action taken by DVOIS other than fake commitments and temporaray speed transfers of 4-5 MBPS for the the next 2 days after complaint .
- Saturdays after 8 PM no one picks the call and the calls get disconnected after being picked up because they have peopel who are not bothered about users like us and they boast ofa 24 * 7 support .
- All mails boumced back because one of thier service team persons [Namita koli Mailbox was full ] .
- Shameless customer service people who close the ticket without the users approval > do you know why ? simply because i was in a business meeting in office when they called me next day , An extremely shoddy customer support team .
- The same stupid explanations given on phone "Sir shayad aapka browser me issue hay , aapke anti virus ka problm ho sakta hay " and so on .
- They say i will get around 512 - 1 MBPS speed due variable stream rate speed ? what the hell am i paying the 5 MBPS PLAN for then ?
- They dont carry forward the data unused by you because their service was down
- Every month they call me ONLY when they have to renew / recharge my plan , other than that customers are useless for them . with a promise " sir aap next month se dekho kesa chalta hay > and then strangely the speed will be up for just 2 more days , third day they might use your connection for someone else who could be writing great reviews about them.
- on weekends the connections doesnot work ? you call them and they say tachnician kal aega > and the next day the sunday is poilt with useless explanations . My PC and connection has been checked 3 times with the same stupid explanations , how the speed increases for the next two days after the complaint is a wonder ?

I have made 7 calls and 5 mails sent to them with just plain fake commitments , Hence i have decided to discontinue thier support .
I stay at sion and visit my home in navi mumbai only on weekends and sometimes in between . My tataphoton dongle and vodafone hotspot works much better than the DVois line . Dreadful people
I am a sofware engineer and know the technical nuances and have seen such bad examples before too .

ISP is one the biggest cheating taht can happen on basis os variable bit rate streaming and such useless words [ Sify was one of teh bigger cheaters befoer ] and now its DVOIS who are not bothered for customer service .