• Views Views 3,207

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Vodafone might partner with Essar for the Hutch deal
UK based mobile technology giant Vodafone has said that they are open to partnering with other interested parties in their bid to acquire the Hutchison’s stake in Hutch.
The company said that they are open to partnering Essar in its attempt to buy Hutchison out of Hutchison Essar.

Last edited:
Thats no good yaar. I want Vodafone to win it alone.

they cannot actually. they need an indian partner as per the FDI regulations in india.

Yes they cannot take it alone. I guess at the end it would be Vodafone-Essar instead of the present Hutch-Essar...

Anil Ambani is also in the race ....I back for Reliance......I want vodafone with their own setup in India...that way we will get those wonderful handsets....thats not possible now ....may be later

vodafone is getting majority of their handsets from the chinese market from obscure chinese mobile companies. u dont want to end up getting your mobile sets locked from the mobile company. do u?

That would not be good. Let Reliance have it and then let Vodafone come in themsleves?

can you read at all?vodafone cannot enter the indian market on its own. it has to have an indian partner. READ.

Oh ok then mate. Then I suggest that they just buy as much stake as they can and enter with some group.

thats what they are trying to do with hutch. they have a 10% stake in airtel but that of course is not enough and airtel is not selling them anymore.

Hutchison will remain with either vodafone / Reliance.....Essar the Egyptians company....is selling of their shares..
some rumor floated that Essar were selling Indian information to ISI Pakistan

Yeah...according to those ...it is Indian ....but The Economics Times said Essar was Egyptian and Hutchison was Swedish and that information part can be a rumor .....(i mentioned it).

Kambui where do you get such screwy info from? Essar is an Indian company. Hutchison is a HongKong based company. Orascom is Egyptian.

^^ told u i read it in Economic Times....and can't say about hutchison......heard that from a very unreliable source