Idea 3G improves Smartphone battery life by 30%!?

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,973

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Yup, thats what adverts of Idea 3G on FM Radio shouting. Even RJ keeps repeating same after sometime. I agree that my experience with Idea 3G is slight better compared to Vodafone 3G. But can Idea really claim this battery performance?

When user get constant full bars of 3G signal (-85dbm or more), cell standby consumption is reduced by almost 50% compared to having poor coverage but that won't bring overall 30% increments in backup unless one keep phone in standby mode all the time.So claim is partially true on a basis of network coverage (only). But I really have no idea about Idea's 3G coverage compared to that of Vodafone.

I think my Smartphones's battery drained more faster while I used Tata Docomo 3G then compared to Vodafone or Idea. Also phone was getting hotter while browsing on Tata Docomo compared to Vofafone/Idea.

Undoubtedly Idea has the highest number of places covered wherever they own the spectrum. Though signal level varies from user to user depending upon their distance from the BTS. But in terms of coverage Its only IDEA that has 3G coverage even in the small villages when all others don't even have in towns with 20000 population. I've seen people using Idea 3G in such places where even BSNL doesn't have their 2G tower or exchange to provide broadband service.
But then these types of adverts are stupid and pathetic to the core.

We wont get full signal everywhere everytime. So dis claim is just for fake marketing just like Airtel did.

LOL yeah. Airtel claims the same.

Jignesh said:
We wont get full signal everywhere everytime. So dis claim is just for fake marketing just like Airtel did.
Yes absolutely, but even a more area covered with good coverage will do better than poor coverage all over places. But yes, on that basis, they can't claim 30% increase and sadly, we don't have regulating bodies working that effectively to keep watch on adverts and claims these companies do.