Not getting promised speed from Bsnl

• Thread starter Thread starter Rahul Vyas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 6,354
ISP
BSNL
With regretful heart I am complaining about the slow broadband speed which I am getting since over a month now. I https://www.speedtest.net/result/3267825004.pnghave taken the BBG Combo ULD 1425 broadband plan which says that I should get 4 MBPS upto 20 GB, 512 beyond 20 GB (screenshot attached). But I am getting the bandwidth around 200 KBPS only. I am very disappointed to say that since last month I am regularly complaining about the same to our local exchange i.e. Morinda and also in Ropar but nothing is working out for me. I am still on a low speed.
As per the broadband plan, I should get: 4MBPS bandwidth, but I get around 200 kbps only.
As per the broadband plan, I should get: (4*1024=4096, 4096/8) 512kbps download speed.
For single download, I am getting around 200kbps.
and for parallel multiple downloads, I am getting 70 kbps to 80 kbps.
I am a very loyal and old customer of BSNL and I really feel very upset about my slow broadband connection speed. I am facing this problem since more than a month. In the beginning, when I upgraded my broadband plan to BBG Combo ULD 1425 from BB Home Combo UL 750, I used to get very good speed but that was just for few days. And now, I am stuck with this slow speed. Please look into this matter seriously and get it resolved asap. I believe you will not disappoint me. Please do the needful.
When I Go to modem site it says maximum downstream rate is 2048(instead of 4096) and Upstream Rate of 512(1024 is promised)
So tell me What should i do Now ????
IS it normal?
Anyone having that issue ??????

What do you mean nothing is working for you? What did they say?
Many people have faced this issue. Please look at the other threads.
Complain here - http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

Can you please use your modem configuration page (192.168.1.1) and post your attenuation and signal to noise ratio? I can help you with this!