Summary of the Complaint...

• Thread starter Thread starter ankurraheja
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 8,026

ankurraheja

ISP
MTNL
The SIFY case is going to be decided ex-parte, as SIFY is shying away from the court. Last hearing is on 09 May, 2005.In the last hearing, they want me to provide summary of the matter in maximum of 1-2 pages. Which will decide the matter exparte against SIFY.So I request all the SIFY BroadBand customers… to make a list of points in your own way, that need to be not only simple… self explanatory but convincing that points to the deficiency in services rendered by SIFY Broadband… so that an intention to cheat is clearly made out.Mention all the points, with the details like since when you think the said condition exists, provide the month and year.Also mention the changes that have taken place in conditions, like in mid 2004, the download condition was 750 MB/month. Subsequently changes were made... to 75 MB/day, so does this condition still exists ???Further, the new condition 150 MB/day that results in reduction of validity, from where you come to know this condition exists. And was this made known to you before installation of SIFY connection.

Well. My complaints in few points.a. no support at night despite having a night package.b. cto is not a representative of sify so is not accountable.c. hidden limit of 150 megs which was released to the customer much later.d. name is broadband, sold packages of 48kbps.

One from me There help service is deficient, though they claim that someone will contact you within 24 hours and solve your problem. The customer care/technical people donot respond to problems until you donot mail someone who is at some high position. If you tell your problem only to customer care executives, for 2-3 dead sure your case wont be answered.

Please do lay emphasis on the 150 MB limit. The rascals have put this limit all over India, and for every "unlimited" connection, there is a daily limit of 150 MB, else your account validity is penalised.

Port blockingcant ping external serverswat kinda internet connection does not allow u to do that?

YAh cant ping external servers and port blocking biggest issues according to me .. Oh and 150 mb/limit ................ HOw can they dare to name it unlimited . they just keep a small line at end .. so people are fooled one way in first sight

well here is mine,
i took sify connection 5 months back my first pack was 64Kbps
unltd i was happy cause i was not happy with the telephone connection it was giving me speed of 33kbps. so i was happy to get this pack as told by my cto & cc unlimited but after some days my speed tripped to 28kbps i called cc many times about this so one day a lady called me from sify and told me "sir you are using 64kbps shared connection that is why your speed is tripping upgrade to higher pack & your problem will solve i upgraded to 96kbps pack but problem was same. after so many tries i was told that there is 100mb limit after that speed will trip to 28kbps by sify's point of view this was done to prevent misuse of package?
I was not happy but was had no options. i never shutdown the pc download was non stop after tripping also. 1 day i noticed speed was not tripping after 100mb i was happy called cc & asked them about this & you can't even think the answer i was served with " sir we never had the limits on the unltd packs" i kept downloading renewed my account on 6th april i checked my account 10 days back and i was shocked 8 days from my account were gone called cc they told me that if my download is more than 150mb per day 1 day will be deducted. I was never told about this limit again i was cheated.
I asked for new username & my cto asked for rs1000 for the username.

WellIts simpleThe 150MB limit that SUDDENLY just comes up, it is soo pathetic, i never would have started with SIFY if this was there from the startThey just simply fool us, they call it unlimited, its such a joke!I dont use nightpacks but i agree that it is also pathetic that they dont give support at nightactually, I would like to see my installation money refunded so i can peacefully kick this cap connection out of my house!

- their network structure (NAT) doesn't allow you to put FTP servers...nor do you get unique IP address, it's as good as working behind a proxy...it's been already 2 months i talked to them regarding setting up of FTP servers and it's not been solved as yet and no one bothered to get back in touch with me as well...- no matter which unlimited pack u're using, there is a speed cap...after certain amount of download you're speed will go down and all the CC guys accept this when this is not written anywhere...- even you don't get the commited speed with the limited packs...

In my experience the way Sify distributes its connection at the last mile through CTOs degrades the service to a great extent. Most of these CTOs aren't bothered about service, attending to your complaints, they are indifferent and they do arbitrary things like blocking your net access or charging substantial extra amounts as maintenance. And they always lay the blame on Sify, they pass the buck. So there is a multiple point of control on Sify, a subscriber is supposed to get tossed around between the pathetic CTOs and Sify.For me the biggest complaint is regarding the apathetic CTOs who see to it that a Sify connection has the worst quality of all the internet connections out there.

These are the points from the letter I had written to TRAI, eversince i have had good response from sify and i was also compansated for my loss. 1) The Internet connection offering speeds up to 64 Kilobit per seconds is packaged as Broadband packages. This is done to lure uninformed customers and this also violates the TRAI regulation that clearly defines broadband as a connection offering speeds in the range of 256 kilobits per second or more.2) The speed is capped after 75 megabytes of download in a day, once that limit is reached; speed is brought down to 24 kilobits per second. This rule applies to all unlimited packages.3) Sify does not provide unlimited data download as promised by them. It has a daily download limit of 150 Mega bytes. If a user downloads more than he is penalizes by deducting a day from the validity of his pack. This rule is not indicated in any of its marketing stunts.4) Sify encourages the CTO to lie and misrepresent the package as unshared dedicated connection. Customers are also kept in dark about other limitations mentioned above.5) Sify employs uncivilized urchins as the CTO (people who provide the local service), in my case the CTO happens to be a convicted felon. This does not allow me to freely convey my grievance. It also compramizes my safety.6) Internet through LAN is unsafe. It is relatively easy to evesdrop on others on the LAN. Safety measures are NOT followed by sify neither the customer is informed about the loopholes.7) Sify does not provide proper receipt towards payment of bills. It does not provide proper documentation at the time of installation.8) Sify charges Rs. 2000 towards the installation charge. However it does not disclose any of the hidden limitations of the so-called ?unlimited? package. When I confronted Sify with the above inconsistencies and demanded a refund they rejected it summarily. 9) Sify technical helpdesk (Phone number 1600333330) is unavailable most of the time. They also don?t register any complaints or give any reference number to track the complaints.

Hi Ankur,My list of complaints:-1) 150 MB a day limit(and they market it as unlimited)2) CTO charging Rs.100/Rs.150/whatever as maintainence charges3) Unnecessary port blocking(sometimes,im doing ok with winmx now)4) and last but not the least,how can you call 64K broadband?

Move on to BSNL if that's available in ur area. I get more than 256 Kbps consistently for the Home 500 pkg. In my case (since I subscribed before 31st March), I've no download limit till 30th June. I downloaded 10 GB in the last 15 days. Even after 30th June, there would be a 1 GB data transfer cap. I gues they would raise it. Also they do not have any hidden costs.

Please Add one more point to it.That Sify Broadband blocks the user to use his/her connection on any other computer even his own laptop (MacBinding) and asks them to buy a new connection just for the sake of using it on a different PC.Regards

Thanks friends for the replies 😀

Here is the compilation of main points....

- no support at night despite having a night package.

- CTO is not a representative of sify so is not accountable. (Subscriber is supposed to get tossed around between the pathetic CTOs and Sify.)

- Improper use of word "broadband" against TRAI policy.

- Customer care do not respond in a reasonable time, though they have ISO 9002 certification.

- Charge in the name of maintainence charges.

- Port Blocking (blocks the user to use his/her connection on any
other computer even his own laptop)

- Customer don't get the commited speed with any packs.

- hidden limit of 150 megs which was released to the customer much later.

(can anybody throw more light, when this condition of 150 MB was released and does that condition of 75 MB download in a day exists now and more on how you feel cheated with this 150 MB conditon... like when exactly you come to know about this conditon after purchase of package)

More questions:

Does the McAfee antivirus is required to be installed still ?
What is the status of SIFY login client ?
Whether there are disconnections... after 12 hours or so ?