Any good ISP in Guwahati-Assam?

• Thread starter Thread starter godmad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 30,860
ISP
Railwire BB, Airtel XF, BSNL 3G
I am from Guwahati, Assam and I am looking for a ISP.
Two months ago I contacted BSNL. A guy came and took the docs and 500rs .Last week I went to their office and they said that they cannot provide me broadband because they need 200 m wire to give the connection whereas they have only 80m line left. :nonchalance: :nonchalance: They also did not return me the money.
So what options do I have now???
There is an awesome ISP called Rajdhani but they charge around 4k for a 1 mpbs plan.
Can anyone suggest me anything good.
Anything with atleast 512 kbps+ unlimited will be enough for me. I am willing to pay around 2k monthly for such a plan.

well its nor broadband but its SIFY isp guwahati. they have many packages. i m currently using 321 KBps ( 40kBps actual download speed) plan which is unlimited. which cost 1000rs. i used to suscribe to 1.2 mbs ( 150kBps) earlier which was 2200rs per month which was too costly for me.so i switched to 1000 plan. both are unlimited. its a wireless service. and service wise its good.. but i face occasional hi cups. but its good. pings good when its good. i even play online games on my ps3 with this ISP lol.. and ya rajdhani is toooooo costly.

i also faced the same question when i shifted to guwahati last summer in 2015. i hunted down all the service providers and even hunted down the users of various isps and asked their review. originally i was using bsnl wimax in my earier city, but when i moved to guwahati , i found that it was impossible to get a wimax connection in guwahati as whenever i visited bsnl panbazar office or bsnl diapur exchange or even panjabari sde office, they all had one answer ready and that was, no wimax device was available. i waited 6 months from august 2015 to january 2016 but bsnl still did not have wimax device. however i did get cal from someone in bsnl office aksing me 5 k for providing a bsnl device. it was all clear to me by then. now i had to decide if i wanted to pay the bribe and get the connectio which is only 512 kbps and risk giving more bribe as and when i needed help from bsnl. hence i dropped the idea and started looking for private providers. i needed a minimu 1 mbps line within 1 k and unlimited usage. i shortlisted railwire, catla, sity, rajdhani , amtron and mnet. i had chat with the users and found that mnet and railwire users were the most satisfied. hence i called up both mnet and railwire for an installation. the only bar i has was , who ever could instal it first , i would go for it. railwire waa the first to visit and but they delayed by giving girlfriend issue of the technician, lol. the next day mnet visited and within 1 hour my 1 mbps line was up and running. though railwire would have costed me rs 2000 nly for setup, i did not go for it as i was sceptical about the after sales service vis a vis the girlfriend problem of the technician. mnet costed me 6600 installation and 200 extra as comission for installation( though off the official records) but the best thing is that mnet provides 1 mnps every inch of a second, always. so from my past experience with bsnl and others , i think mnet is the best as on date.

Guys dont go for Mnet. Initially they will give u good speed, after 2-3 moths they will reduced ur internet speed. I had 1Mbps speed plan form Mnet, initially they give me around 90-100 kbps download speed after that they reduced it to 30-50 kbps, when i asked them about the speed they told me that 30-50 kbps is correct speed for my plan. So think twice before you go for mnet. I will suggest better go for railwire or any other ISP

I'm using Railwire for more than 3 months now and i'm extremely satisfied.i've connected to the 4mbps line which costs 1030rs per month for usage of 30GB and 512kbps after it is over.download speeds are good at 470kbps(constant) for torrent and 3mbps for IDM and other windows downloads.i also play online games where i get constant ping of 110ms.if you need you can contact me at 9864150735(calls and whatsapp)...i can send u screenshots as proof..earlier i used to use mnet connect.and they really suck...packet data loss everytime.online gaming was a dream then..and dont even ask about mnet customer care...they suck...i'm happy with railwire and i'll be more happier as railwire has promised fibre connection at my area at a cost of 20thousand rupees(will be shared by 6-7 friends)....for any queries about railwire you can ping me in whatsapp..

i also faced the same question when i shifted to guwahati last summer in 2015. i hunted down all the service providers and even hunted down the users of various isps and asked their review. originally i was using bsnl wimax in my earier city, but when i moved to guwahati , i found that it was impossible to get a wimax connection in guwahati as whenever i visited bsnl panbazar office or bsnl diapur exchange or even panjabari sde office, they all had one answer ready and that was, no wimax device was available. i waited 6 months from august 2015 to january 2016 but bsnl still did not have wimax device. however i did get cal from someone in bsnl office aksing me 5 k for providing a bsnl device. it was all clear to me by then. now i had to decide if i wanted to pay the bribe and get the connectio which is only 512 kbps and risk giving more bribe as and when i needed help from bsnl. hence i dropped the idea and started looking for private providers. i needed a minimu 1 mbps line within 1 k and unlimited usage. i shortlisted railwire, catla, sity, rajdhani , amtron and mnet. i had chat with the users and found that mnet and railwire users were the most satisfied. hence i called up both mnet and railwire for an installation. the only bar i has was , who ever could instal it first , i would go for it. railwire waa the first to visit and but they delayed by giving girlfriend issue of the technician, lol. the next day mnet visited and within 1 hour my 1 mbps line was up and running. though railwire would have costed me rs 2000 nly for setup, i did not go for it as i was sceptical about the after sales service vis a vis the girlfriend problem of the technician. mnet costed me 6600 installation and 200 extra as comission for installation( though off the official records) but the best thing is that mnet provides 1 mnps every inch of a second, always. so from my past experience with bsnl and others , i think mnet is the best as on date.
I dont think so bro...I agree MNET download speeds are good,but there's no guarantee for constant speeds.internet stays down for hours without any reason.and forget about online gaming.those tech guys dont even understand what PING is....which is a nightmare for gamers.ping fluctuations are common during the day and sometimes stable at night...that too at 200+ ms

Guys I am in desperate need for a good ISP with moderate Ping .. for online gaming My area is Kahilipara so please suggest me i dont wanna spend more than 5k for installation

In my opinion BSNL fiber is the best solution in Guwahati.
Second comes AMTRON but their service is not available all over Guwahati.
But don't go for Rajdhani. At first they will give you very good speed. But after 2 -3 months they will reduce the speed drastically.
I used their 1mbps plan and I use to get 600kb down & 600kb up. After about 2 months they reduced it to 400kb. And I believe if I would have continued their service they would have reduced it further. They will charge you Rs6000 installation fee in the beginning so they know you wouldn't like to switch to another ISP soon.

I've seen that many people in Guwahati don't know how to check speed and their download speed. Many think if your youtube is running without buffering then the speed is good. There is where the companies like Rajdhani fools us.
Choose BSNL FTTH service. It's far better & economical.