Recommend Airtel?

Savant

[OP]
Dec 10, 2005
I hear some really good things about airtel and some really bad. Overall, how do you rate it? Specifically, are they giving you close to the max speed you paid for? Does it go down frequently? Is customer service helpful? Are there any hidden catches?Thanks.

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
not according to me...it may be very well "worth your money" if you don't compare it with other ISPs like MTNL and BSNL...

Savant

[OP]
Dec 10, 2005
Well, naturally, it's all relative...But you think it's ok against MTNL and BSNL?I'm willing to pay a bit extra if it gets me more reliability/consistently higher speeds...this "512 Kbps max, but really we're just plugging your line into a 14.4K modem." crap really gets on my nerves...

mystery_inc18

Regulars
Regulars
Feb 6, 2006
dunno bout bsnl but if u take the 999 plan of airtel then its definately better than mtnl since u get 512 at night. As far as reliability is concerned, airtel has recently been experiencing a prob of low speeds which ofcourse is temp and by now is fixed(at least in my case it is :D)

mystery_inc18

Regulars
Regulars
Feb 6, 2006
though i don use 999plan but frm wot i've heard ppl do get 50+ speeds at night and not one atleast 4-5 ppl hv confirmed this.

GSV13

Special Member
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
Give me airtel and i am ready anytime to leave mtnl! When dealing with mtnl employee i feel liable to them and for every minor problem one has to visit there exchange and meet there officer(what the heck CC is for)! And no one has such time in thisfast blazing world, currently being a student i could afford these visit! Can't say for future!So for peace of mind have airtel!

Savant

[OP]
Dec 10, 2005
I think we've arranged for a 30 day trial of Airtel, we'll see how it goes...still interested in the feedback though; we all know that they're all nice during the trial, and then screw you a few months down the line.