• Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 6,077

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
The Celerio will be pitched against the likes of Hyundai's Grandi10 and Honda's Brio, whose automatic versions are priced at Rs 6.04 lakh and Rs 6.19 lakh, respectively (ex-showroom, Delhi).
According to MSI, the Celerio will offer a fuel efficiency of 23.1 km per litre and will be offered in six petrol variants - four with Manual transmission and two with Auto Gear Shift.
Celerio Auto Gear Shift variants will have the flexibility of both manual mode and auto drive mode in the same car, with a simple shift of gear lever.
Maruti slots into automatic transmission mode with Celerio - The Economic Times

Maruti Suzuki Celerio 2014 | Cars First Drive | Budget hatchbacks | Autocar India

Looks fugly. I hate styling of maruti cars.

I think the base model has been priced at around Rs. 3.90 lakhs. In real world it would cost what? Rs. 4.5 lakhs?

I wish Maruti standardized dual airbags in all their cars now. They are the only company probably that has the volume to make it possible without charging a mega premium from the consumer. This would force the entire industry to follow them.

A friend lives in Greater Noida. I was planning to go with him. Let's see if he is free on a saturday. I personally do not see much point but what the heck. At least it is not going to be as bad as the event held at Pragati Maidan.

looks like sister in law is getting the auto version. four cars in a house where six people live and only three two know how to drive properly.

its also benefited with mileage coz the main reason is auto gear functionality...which is not new but still the best way to be in a traffic like delhi and mumbai......hassle free and improves mileage drastically..

I am glad to announce that I have bought Celerio ZXI (Opt) Silver colour (Manual Transmission) yesterday for 5,95,000 On Road price.
Its Top end model having Air bags, ABS, Alloy Wheels which are not present in ZXI and below models.

Any particular reason why you want for the Celerio instead of let's say Grand?

Main reasons are Cost and Mileage. With all features which I got in Celerio, if I had gone for Grand, it would have costed me 1 Lac more. Besides Celerio claims mileage of 20 Km/L in City, while Grand claims 16 Km/L.
If I decide to travel by Car daily to my office, it would be economical to use Celerio and I have to travel 50 Km daily. Even if I change my job, I would need to travel minimum 30 Km everyday considering other locations in my city. So I needed economical car. And my budget was actually 5 Lacs only, but after insistence of Salesman I gone for ZXI which was bit costlier.

hmm. grand does have a crappy mileage. i am amused about the features because i got the top end petrol version for 5.75L last year. i guess prices have gone up since then :\