• Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 28,791

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I started with Blogger.com like most bloggers around. Then moved on to WordPress. Tried Blog:CMS but was disappointed, so it is WordPress for me!What about you...

Journalspace, and happy with it, offers high level of customization with little effort.. but thinking of trying out to wordpress, or bloxsonomy just to get more experience with webDesignJournalspace, and happy with it, offers high level of customization with little effort.. but thinking of trying out to wordpress, or bloxsonomy just to get more experience with webDesign

Just entered this world of blogging.... using blogger right now since it's integrated with google / gmail - not that it makes a huge difference or anything, but so far I have been more than happy with Google products.Anyway, what does wordpress have that would make me want to shift?

.com or .org?for one, blogger tends to have its share of downtime... no categories. no plugins... stuff like that. with a self installed blog... sky is the limit on flexibility.

hmmm, maybe I'll have to check it out... what irritates me in blogger is in the template I have I can't make it wider... great for people who still use 1024 x 768 but irritating to the rest of the world.p.s. aren't labels something like the categories you mention? (sort of like labels in gmail vs. folders in yahoo mail?)

umm i think u can use any customised template on blogger. pick something from the web which is resolution independent... there are several sites giving away from blogger templates.if you want to check out core wordpress feature, open a free account at wordpress.com.labels are not categories. the problem is that you would end up having hundreds of labels coz you have to enter them manually for each post. wordpress has categories... and you can add label (tag) support manually. tags are supposed to be integrated in one of the upcoming versions... so that flaw would be removed from WP. 🙂

Welcome me, you guys! I'm new to the Blogger community, and I'm actually quite enjoying it. I use my Blog as a kind of personal diary sorta thingy, and I think it's going along well. The link is in the signature.

Well GSV13,
There are some people who do blogging for commercial benefit. I have seen
interior designer, real estate guy, stock analysts hosts their blogs. And its very easy for them as they donot have to understand the internals of HTML editing.
There is a pretty good demand for their posts. I have personally subscribed to their feeds.

May be i think, after sometimes the craze of owning a blog deminish.
Now i am thinking what to post in my blog to keep it ticking...

My Thoughts

New to blogging and pretty comfortable with Blogger...

hmmm, maybe I'll have to check it out... what irritates me in blogger is in the template I have I can't make it wider... great for people who still use 1024 x 768 but irritating to the rest of the world.

umm...why not?? simply edit the template's html in the "Edit HTML" section to make it wider acc to ur wish (like I've done)

Hi,
Can you explain to me how exactly to do it. When i open the template file it has got lots of html code in it. Which field i need to edit can you please tell me.
Also if i get bored of a template, when i am changing the template to a new one, Will my above changes gets migrated to a new one ??

My Thoughts

template changes are automatically reflected in all posts...feel free to play with it... search for custom templates on the web and use them. it gets interesting once you know the basic stuff...

Welcome me, you guys! I'm new to the Blogger community, and I'm actually quite enjoying it. I use my Blog as a kind of personal diary sorta thingy, and I think it's going along well. The link is in the signature.
i really enjoyed reading the few posts that i read in your blog. 🙂

Hi sneezymelon,
Can you explain to me how exactly to do it. When i open the template file it has got lots of html code in it. Which field i need to edit can you please tell me.
Also if i get bored of a template, when i am changing the template to a new one, Will my above changes gets migrated to a new one ??
[/url]

You have to change the page structure part. Look for the commented heading "Page Structure" in the html code and there, you can change the width of the template according to yourself