AIRTEL changed my PLAN without approval

• Thread starter Thread starter HailStonE
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,472

HailStonE

ISP
Airtel
I was using Aitel Swift 999 (2Mbps/ 512kbps, 75GB FUP). Now without any request they have increased my rental from 1050 to Rs. 1350 (+Tax). It seems they are forcing all the retention plan users to pay more now..
I had the 999 plan (without FUP) but when they forced everybody to come under FUP & speed dips they offered me the plan. Now again they have increased the rental by Rs. 300/- after increasing it last year by Rs. 50/-
My total outgo after Tax would be close to Rs. 1500/- now. 😛issed-off:
Once again I had a heated argument with customer care & even retention team, but they are saying its due to TRAI notice which allows them to increase the rental without customer approval. I've asked them to send me the copy which I am sure will never get from them. Every time this is the same Modus Operandi where they give the excuse of TRAI notification & blaming TRAI for customers misfortune....
Anybody else had their plans changed like this..

Yup. Six months is the max you have on your older plan before ISPs can change it for you.
BSNL raised their prices after I got connected. They kept my old plan for six months. After that my bill came higher because of the increased prices.

So does it means that without improving any service/offerings they can change (increase) the plan rental without any approval from the customers..

They have changed my plan too from existing Rs.750 to Rs.950 + taxes. Seems unfair 🙁. I contacted customer care and they confirm that my old plan in not available anymore.

Ravi Kukreja said:
They have changed my plan too from existing Rs.750 to Rs.950 + taxes. Seems unfair 🙁. I contacted customer care and they confirm that my old plan in not available anymore.
What were your other parameters regarding your plan. As in Speed, FUP limit, Plan name, Post FUP speed. Also what is the name of your new plan & its features...

UPDATE : -
Called AIREL & asked them to disconnect the broadband connection. They tried to convince me with a cheaper Surf 899 & Surf 799 plan with 10GB limit + post FUP speed of 512kbps which I get in my existing plan.. I refused & went ahead with the request of terminating my connection. Today got a call from retention team & they told me that they can give me waiver of 300 bucks for the next two bills & AIRTEL is coming up with newer plans so I should continue..
Keeping my options open I decided to keep it going for the next two months & pointed out that if nothing better comes up I will be getting rid of the existing overpriced plan.. Reliance JIO is suppose to come in March 2014, If rumours are to be believed then they might encourage a better attitude in ISP's but its not very likely.. I suppose more competition in the broadband arena should be beneficial for consumers...

chromaniac said:
LOL. They got you fooled.

Not really... :nono: In two month I will be kicking them out & If Reliance Jio proves its worth then might consider them... Right now 2Mbps (75GB) - 512kbps for 1050/- + Tax (My existing plan) for another two month is not a bad deal...

chromaniac said:
LOL. They got you fooled.
Nope, the retention discount works. Even I had decided to get rid of airtel. Was offered ₹250 discount for next 3 bills. Got the 1st bill credit today. It's not automated though. One needs to call up their customer care every time and then they credit the amount manually in a few minutes.