Triband Disconnects

my adsl light switches of automatically and then switches on . what could be this problem.can someone pls help.there is no response from the helpdesk too even after numerous complain.i hope anyone from this forum could give a quick solution and has someone come across the same proble.i am from bandra west .does anyone know the number of any enginner who must have come across to their place and must have got this direct contact number that would be agr8 help too.thnx
[/quote

yup that could be the reason .but i dont have power problems its just started once they upgraded to 2mps.its so frustrating man

then u need to talk to ur exchange or lineman...

QUOTE(azeter @ Jan 13 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]74921[/snapback]
QUOTE(azeter @ Jan 13 2007, 03:32 PM) [snapback]74914[/snapback]
my adsl light switches of automatically and then switches on . what could be this problem.can someone pls help.there is no response from the helpdesk too even after numerous complain.i hope anyone from this forum could give a quick solution and has someone come across the same proble.i am from bandra west .does anyone know the number of any enginner who must have come across to their place and must have got this direct contact number that would be agr8 help too.thnx
[/quote

yup that could be the reason .but i dont have power problems its just started once they upgraded to 2mps.its so frustrating man[/b]

u see thats the biggest problem dude they dont bother to reply , i guess no one is bothered.i am in a big fix as to what to do.

Or email to Gm of ur exchange becoz you could make ur lineman addicted to the hari patti and will be discovering same prob very frequently repeating 😛

Naaah.

Just visit your telephone exchange, meet the SDE (sub divisional engineer) and give him a piece of your mind. The next day everyone from that exchange will be calling you every hour to check on your internet status. 😛

QUOTE(internetstatic @ Jan 11 2007, 02:36 AM) [snapback]74488[/snapback]
Any help on these websites will be appreciated?[/b]

Hmm.. something's iffy with my LAN/router/browser settings. 🙁 I am unable to view a few websites every now and then. I am following steps on this excellent link http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website#DNS

Here's what I did...

Virus/spyware check - negative
reconfigured router/LAN - negative
Reinstalled Fx and IE7 - negative

Will keep you updated.

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Jan 13 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]74918[/snapback]
just check the power connection...if it's stable or not...very little power fluctuation can cause this problem...i face it whenever the electricity comes and sometimes when it goes...no solution till now, so i'm just living with it 🙁[/b]

There is a solution, and a very simple one. Plug the adapter in your UPS, thats it. If all the sockets in your UPS are already full, use a multiplug or an extension from the UPS. It certainly will prevent the fluctuation. 🙂

Bingo. All I had to do was to tweak the MTU back to 1492. All websites are accessible now. 😀

QUOTE(azeter @ Jan 13 2007, 03:32 PM) [snapback]74914[/snapback]
my adsl light switches of automatically and then switches on . what could be this problem.can someone pls help.there is no response from the helpdesk too even after numerous complain.i hope anyone from this forum could give a quick solution and has someone come across the same proble.i am from bandra west .does anyone know the number of any enginner who must have come across to their place and must have got this direct contact number that would be agr8 help too.thnx[/b]

I don't think this has anything to do with the power supply. The ADSL linght blinking or dying off points to a line problem OR maybe something to do at the exchange. As a DIY, I suggest you check all your DSL/phone wirings.

Keep us posted.

QUOTE(Apoorv Khatreja @ Jan 13 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]74946[/snapback]
There is a solution, and a very simple one. Plug the adapter in your UPS, thats it. If all the sockets in your UPS are already full, use a multiplug or an extension from the UPS. It certainly will prevent the fluctuation. 🙂[/b]

thanks for the suggestion bro, but my modem is already on UPS 😛

and i really love your suggestion of using multiplug/extension 😉

and sadly nothing prevents it from disconnecting :lol: