How to get a passbook for your ICICI Bank Savings Account?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 133,061

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have to admit, I have no idea. This has been my experience…ICICI Bank recently mailed me that they were no longer going to send paper statement by postal mail.I have two options. I can either make do with emailed statements. Or I can apply for a passbook. About the passbook, the email clearly said:You can also ask for a pass book at your nearest branch.Today, I decided to give it a go. I went to my ‘nearest branch’ (Sector 31 Market Gurgaon) to get a passbook for my savings bank account. I was told that there were some technical problems and only this branch right now was not able to provide passbooks to customers. I was told to visit any other branch where I could get a passbook on the spot.I decided to take it one step further. I went to another branch of ICICI Bank (Civil Lines Gurgaon). There I was told that I can only get a passbook from the branch where I have my account.I decided to do exactly that. I went to the branch where my account was located (Sector 14 Gurgaon). Was told… I can leave the application and come back after a week or so to collect my passbook. I was not amused by this. I asked for more details. Was told that only the home branch has the powers to update my passbook so I would have to deal with them.Not exactly what ICICI Bank indicated in their initial mail.I did the next best thing. I applied to transfer my account from that branch to the one nearest to my home.This process would take three days. The bank representative at the local branch had told me that it would take them at least 2 weeks to start distributing passbooks again.So well… The waiting begins.

ok so until there new user interface for login came , i could use last pass to login to my 2 icici bank account in different names , but not now , last pass stopped working , maybe icici did it deliberately so that last pass on their site becomes useless .

thing is the day i login in my account , i do multiple times , in desperation to see transaction happened or not ....🙂

any alternative to use auto fill and auto login please ?

Upvote 0
If you are on Windows 8, see if they have an app for Windows 8?

Upvote 0
Installed the app. Requires login every time. Makes sense. It is a freaking banking app. I suggest trying in a different browser. Auto Login might work in Firefox or IE or Chrome.

Upvote 0
using chrome already , doesnt work , even on my norton 360 vault which works only on ie , on new login page when i typed login info it didnt ask me to save new page info.................i think they have done for safety purpose , maynot be working in any browser at all

for now only way for me is go in ie and click my norton 360 vault for previous login page , so that old page is displayed and auto fill works there and takes into new banking page inside account ...................on new login page , its over

Upvote 0
Got a cheque of a big amount today but there was a small error in my name, only 1 single alphabet was different, however even there was my account number is mentioned in cheque which is correct.

There should be no issue in getting credited in my account?

Upvote 0
Best hand over the cheque to the branch manager or deputy branch manager. They got the power to correct small mistakes like this. I have been through this earlier thats why i am suggesting you. They will give written authorisation on the deposit slip.

Upvote 0