Delhi Mtnl Down Since Friday Night?

• Thread starter Thread starter urbanmojo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,178

urbanmojo

ISP
MTNL
Hi:My MTNL went down Friday night around 11 p.m., and has been down ever since then (so 3 days now). Our neighbor's interenet is down, and other people's are down as well. I live in Shanti Niketan, and I know people in Vasant Vihar that have the same problem. I made several calls to MTNL's "customer service" phone line (worst customer service in the world) and finally managed to get a tech to come. He admitted it was a problem with their servers and that he himself had gotten many calls.MTNL's connection has been fine since August when I moved to Delhi, but for the last 3 weeks or so has been poor-on Dec. 20th both phone and DSL were down for about 24 hours, and the DSL went down earlier last week before this latest disaster. Also, service slows down and I've been having problems using Skype, lot s of disconnects. Does anybody have the inside scoop on what is going on with MTNL servers these last few weeks? You can't get anything from customer service--they insist on just checking your computer's IP settings and refuses to admit any MTNL problems unless you really press them on the issue.Thanks!

seems it's an exchange specific problem...may be they're updating their servers or something like that...can't say for sure though 🤔

OK, so the internet is back up now. And now I am suddenly getting 1 Mbps downstream, whereas I was on the 512 Kbps plan before. I guess this is what everyone else was talking about.

told ya...they must be updating their servers...now enjoy this speed till it lasts 😛