MTNL Triband: Frequent Disconnections After 2mbps Upgrade?

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 19,021

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
is any1 facing frequent disconnections due to upgrade to 2mbps?

when i was on 256 it used to d/c hardly once a day but from 2-3days
it d/c very frequently. max it lasts is 2 hrs.

and right now its disconnecting within minute or 2. alredy disconnected 10 times in 10mins

and adsl light keeps coming and going. god knows what they have done.

i dont even want to complain becuase they might drag speed down to 256.

UPDATE:
Here is solution to this problem:
[post]68702[/post]
http://beta.broadbandforum.co/index.php?s=&...ost&p=74516

same here. I am hardly using my MTNL 2 Mbps connection in the night. safer to use hathway's 512 kbps.

feels good when problem is common because that increases chances of problem gettingfixed without making complain.btw which exchange are u from?

same problem...it is because of SNR margin dropping too low.My downstream SNR dropped from 31 dB to 11~12 dB after upgrading from 512K to 2013KPost ur ADSL status. Here is mine:Item Downstream Upstream UnitSNR Margin 13 12 dBLine Attenuation 24 37 dBData Rate 2013 511 kbps

I can't even post my ADSL status over here because I can't open that page since I've been upgraded to 2 MBps!

Phew. I'm totally bugged with the conversion to 2Mbps on my triband. I have a 590U and I am from the 'burb of Borivli in Bombay.I am unable to connect to the internet anytime after 12.00am in the night. This has been happening for the past one week. During the day it works perfectly fine. Any clue what's happening?

there are no disconnections as such, as i'm on bridge mode, but yeah it does die out...then ultimately i have to reconnect...though it has happened just once... 🤔

bridged mode?!! even i am on bridged mode..currently its up from 2 and half hrs...but in morningit was disconnecting every minute. continuously for some 20-30mins..then it setlled for sometimebut again started.. DSL light kept going coming...lets see... right now its going good.

QUOTE(Amish @ Jan 8 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]73853[/snapback]
bridged mode?!! even i am on bridged mode..currently its up from 2 and half hrs...but in morning
it was disconnecting every minute. continuously for some 20-30mins..then it setlled for sometime
but again started.. DSL light kept going coming...lets see... right now its going good.[/b]

disconnections have got nothing to do with bridge or any other mode. it depends only on the line conditions.
PPPoE mode may help as the modem automatically restores connectivity whereas in bridge mode one has to manually do so.

Has anyone tried Netgear modems? or for that matter any other company's? i've never seen SNR above 31 on D-Link modems. whereas some ppl on this forum have posted SNRs in 40+ range on some different modems.

PS: modem disconnects when SNR drops below 11~12. SNR below 20 is unhealthy. above 30 is very good!

yes i know bridged mode has nothing to do with connection drops thats why i put two exclamation marks!my SNR margin sometimes is 25db download and 15db uploadbut goes down even to 18db down and 12db up...(current values)but strangely net is up from abt 5hrs now.. and guess what i haveremoved the splitter. line goes directly in modem.earlier (after 2mbps upgrade) it used to get disconnected whenevertelephone rang but from past 5hrs.. phone has rung several times..but still it has not disconnected.i feel there was some problem at exchange and which they sortedout today. keeping fingers crossed.----Just noticed this:Local/Remote Tx Power: 654.19 dB / 2.5 dBRemote tx power has increased from 1.8db to 2.5dbi dont know what is that but seems like signal transmissionpower.. may be MTNL has increased it and hence disconnectionhas stopped.still keeping fingers crossed....wud consider things stableonly if it stays good for 2 more days.

My connection kept disconnecting too since Saturday when they finally upgraded my speed to 2mbps. I complained @ 1500 and 1504. The tech called me and said the problem was with my phone line when they did the line test. The stupid line babus came today and after an hour, came back and said they fixed the line fault! Unfortunately the problem is still there and I'm getting snr of 12 and 11.5. i'm gonna complain again and again till they fix it, though it hasn't disconnected since the last 30 mins....

My SNR has dropped from 42 to 32, Line Attenuation has gone up from 2 to 6.5. CRC errors have gone up too from 4-5 to 500+. My router is running continously from last 3-4 days without single disconnect. Only problem is speed sometimes sort of dies down as if they have added me to a shared line and when the load is more it adds me to a q, so I have to hit refresh few times to get it going.and also this forum loads very slow for me, this is happening from sunday! .