Bsnl Should Launch Free Broadband To Increase Internet Penetration In India

• Thread starter Thread starter qwerty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,276

qwerty

BSNL must launch a free Broadband where they must provide 500 MB for all 35 million landline connections. They must not show advertisements in that. People can buy modems and use broadband. If 500 MB runs out, there must be two options. One, the connection must automatically disconnect until next month or, Two, they can choose to pay Rs.0.9 per MB. At present BSNL charges Rs.130 as rental. I think this is certainly possible. If it is not possible for them to give 500 MB, they can give 300 MB or 400 MB. Thats enough. If that is also not possible, they can give 500 or 400 or 300 MB only in night and no broadband can be used in daytime.This will certainly help increasing Internet penetration.The government must also consider a special fund similar to ADC (access deficit charge) and it must be collected from all cell phone users and can be given to BSNL and BSNL can provide such a subsidised service!!Cell phone users/companies are good targets from whom we can charge some 2.5 or 5 percent of the total revenue as a fund similer to ADC and fund this project.Please everybody sign this saying that the government must introduce this.

Well if they do, Their income is gonna go down all the way and also draining out their bandwidth backbones.. And speaking of backbones who supports BSNL,cogent or level 2?And I don't think you can get this in reality qwerty.. Good luck anyway. I'm not into this. I personally don't think it's gonna happen.. that too without ads..and they've to lay the cables to your home just for the free connection you're gonna get? lol Think about it.

Anyone tried visualroute , i tried tracing few sites and it said that tracing was slow in VSNL route , for all the websites :huh:

QUOTE(winger @ Jan 6 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]73546[/snapback]
Well if they do, Their income is gonna go down all the way and also draining out their bandwidth backbones.. And speaking of backbones who supports BSNL,cogent or level 2?
And I don't think you can get this in reality qwerty.. Good luck anyway. I'm not into this. I personally don't think it's gonna happen.. that too without ads..and they've to lay the cables to your home just for the free connection you're gonna get? lol Think about it.[/b]

They need not lay wires because it is given free only to existing customers. New customers must pay the regular Rs.180 rental. 500 MB of bandwidth is dead cheap. With ADC type fund, they can and must

Charging for extra data is completely stupid if u ask me..Instead what they should do is,turn the speed down.for eg: A h500 user reached his limits,until he reach the limit he will get 2M full,when the limit is crossed,the speed should go down to say 256k.These kind of system is used in many countries.. eg Australia

sify had something similar unofficially. people really don't like when that happens.

they restricted speeds after u downloaded 750 megs a month on their 64kbps connections 😉 unofficially. on an unlimited package. they lost the lawsuit on this one. 😀

I am waiting for BSNL to announce 20 mbps , 24 hrs unlimited connection for Rs 500....Coz thats when I feel we will get genuine 2 mbps night unlimited (8 pm - 8 am) connection for the same.

I am waiting for the day when atleast 90% of indians can eat 3 meals a day, get to wear proper clothes and are educated 🙂