Sony SIX gets India v New Zealand telecast rights

I thought neo sports was already having these rights

jazzyjazzy, on 10 Jan 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:I thought neo sports was already having these rights
ChaiBiskutBhai said:
Maybe they sold those!
Sony had rights for NZ, but they had temporarily given to NEO I guess because they might be having other content to broadcast.

SVK said:
Sony had rights for NZ, but they had temporarily given to NEO I guess because they might be having other content to broadcast.
Sony had rights till 2012.
Neo outbid them for rights from 2013-2017.
Not sure what happened now.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/sports-news/cricketnews/sony-replaces-neo-as-broadcaster-for-india-nz-series/article1-1171055.aspx
New Zealand Cricket Board is said to have has annulled the contract with Neo Sports, alleging non-payment of the first instalment that was agreed upon in February last year. The board did not respond to queries from HT . However, a senior Neo Sports executive said on condition of anonymity that the deal was called off after the New Zealand board failed to submit details of events and those related to the sharing of associated advertising revenues that were agreed upon.It is, however, still not clear whether the cancellation involves broadcast rights only for this series or the whole contract of seven years.

Why the matches are not shown on DD National??Usually all india ODI and T20 matches were shown on DD right??

v1v14n said:
Why the matches are not shown on DD National??Usually all india ODI and T20 matches were shown on DD right??
Only the ones played in india. Not the overseas matches.

No, all ODI and T20 played by India anywhere were supposed to be broadcast on DD National.
But last month some DD official declared that DD is actually losing revenue due to broadcasting matches as they share 75% revenue with original broadcaster, while losing income from regular shows at that scheduled time as well. DD is trying to make all Indian matches (of national importance) to be broadcast on DD Sports 🙂