Sify Broadband Or Local Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter ambandla
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 6,270

ambandla

ISP
Sify
here are two broadband internet providers in my area (tavarkere, bangalore)1) Sify broadband2) Sity broadband256kbps unlimited package:Sify: Rs.1000Sity: Rs.1,100Installation charges:Sify: Rs. 2,000Sity: Rs.0Is it ok to go for the local broadband service provider or will it be a pita with local broadband providers?If anyone already has Sity internet connection, let me know how it is.My friend has sify broadband. It's okay. download rate is good but he say's it disconnects at midnight.__________please help as I have to make a decision today.

check with any user of the other broadband service. depending upon their experiences, decide yourself. i won't recommend sify at all but i guess that sity dude is just a subset of sify.

Never heard of Sity broadband. No website. All that they have is one airtel and one reliance mobile phone number. I can't trust their service. I have placed a request for a new connection at Hathway. I hope they provide connection in that area.

How good is Airtel Datacard? I have IBM T43 notebook. Is it worthy to take 144kbps unlimited pack for Rs.1000. Own the card by paying Rs.6,000. Is it worthy to take this. Will it be better than Sify or Hathway broadband @256kbps?

i have checked airtel datacard connection and my friend is getting 121kbps upload and 132kpbs download speeds for 144kbps connection.

Sounds reasonable.. Bet you won't get that on sify..I'm thinking of opening a topic by name " Average Downtime per user " and post all my downtimes there.. is that allowed admins?😉

actually i managed a page for my connectivity when i was on sify. let me find it.

http://images.google.com/images?q=sify+bro...pera&rls=en

comes on number 1 on my computer!!!!!

this image is for a month. crosses are in front of days when the connectivity was down for more than 4 hours. hmm. my writing used to be pretty legible. it is not like that now!

found this one too... those were the painful days i am experiencing now on Airtel!

FC2-i386- I'm downloading the same Fedora Core 2 now.. The DVD version lol what a coincidence..