Power Supply Corsair CS650M vs TX650M

• Thread starter Thread starter Inian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 12,348
Last year I had a doubt while buying 600W supply between CX600 and TX600.CX is the cheapest corsair product line and you can see that in quality of wires.I ended up buying CX600 because local vendor didnt have the other one and its been working perfectly fine since 1 year with heavy usage.So,if you have enough to spend then obviously go for higher product line i.e. TX variant. Else,CX650M will work just as good 🙂EDIT : Looks like CS is totally different. Still, TX is be better.

Thanks for the reply Yash!!!
Actually CS is a new variant from Corsair
Its falling under 80 Gold,
But Tx is 80 Bronze
I want to know if someone has bought CS650M
CX650M doesnt support Haswell Bridge Intel Processor

I went with TX650? God I have to open my case to see what I went with. But definitely Corsair and it was modular.
Working flawlessly since 2 years.

DNA_Uncut said:
Why not HX650? It's better than both. For 8k it comes with 7 yrs warranty.
I have to check what power supply I have. TX, HX, CS... confusing stuff.

From the basic to extreme. The order is CX, TX, HX, AX. CS is new series, Since it's new there are no real user reviews across the web. So i personally wouldn't recommend it only upon critics reviews

DNA_Uncut said:
From the basic to extreme. The order is CX, TX, HX, AX. CS is new series, Since it's new there are no real user reviews across the web. So i personally wouldn't recommend it only upon critics reviews
And they also have a crappy VS series which is the cheapest. @op,why you don't check seasonic? Also, what are your remaining specs? Just itching to know which beast wants 650 watts 🙂

Ok will check seasonic manufactured products and kindly can you suggest best model for a optimum performance CPU
I have right now
Core i3 3220
DZ75ML-45K Motheboard
4GB Corsair Ram
500gb WD hard disk
Want to have future proofed PSU so that I can upgrade anytime when I want without changing PSU

Your system is not a power hog and with 650 watts psu, you can even add a gtx 770 without problems. On psu model, see who has it cheaper - corsair or seasonic or others and get the cheapest one.

I am thinking of Haswell compatibility and beyond, I think hx650 will do good but will check seasonic ones

Hmmm...then you should confirm that the psu you are interested in is Haswell compatible. But as Broadwell from Intel, maxwell (not sure) for nvidia cards come, they are more likely to be more and more efficient so less power consumption. Btw, I run a core i5 with a gtx 650(kinda weak for gaming) with a 430 watts seasonic psu and everything works well.