• Views Views 1,560

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
No shit.
Our Go Green initiative is driven by the objective of collaborating with each of our customers and making 'Green' a part of all our lives. Keeping this in mind, we would like to inform you that from January 2014 onwards all customers having registered E-mail IDs will receive only monthly e- statements.
You can download the statement through our logged-in and non-logged in section at www.icicibank.com. Physical statement will be made available at the branch on request. You can also ask for a pass book at your nearest branch.
Need to check if Standard Chartered has this option.

I received a passbook from HDFC yesterday. Is this some kind of RBI regulative?

I guess banks are feeling the pinch of sending paper statements to millions of customers every three months 😕 With passbook, customer has to come to bank to get the passbook updated. It's stupid really. Especially for banks who do not even provide proper access to statements online. ICICI thankfully does not have that problem. HDFC too from what I hear. Standard Chartered is a pain. Yes Bank is alright.

Axis bank offered me a passbook last year and I have the option of taking printouts of current transactions from their
internet banking portal.
I still receive their quarterly statements in the mail though!