Tata Sky DTH now offering HBO Hits & HBO Defined

• Thread starter Thread starter hirenvyas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 17,465
Well they need to replace the shows which have finished the season with other shows, its not live telecast to be compared to sports.Atleast something better than Agents of Shield which runs all day, And some other crappy dramas

that's the good idea. but price needs to be fair, so Indians can view good events at reasonable price.

I am not sure how many channels we want. We hardly see 20-30 channels rest are simply useless.
Meanwhile what is the logic of a subscriber (typically HD) getting charged both for SD and HD broadcast, especially when the content is the same.

Because SD channels are part of a pack? Unless you are choosing channels on a-la-carte basis where you have right to drop and choose a particular channel, I am sorry this will be the case for the near future.
And not all SD channels and their HD counterparts have the same content. Few have different.

First of all thanks to admins for this wonderful forum.
When Tata Sky launched the two channels as "Specials" i was like :no:
Sent a mail across to CEO of Tata Sky today midnight at 12 am and by today afternoon 1 pm I had both channels activated on my Mega Pack HD 2 yrs pack which is due to expire on 9 Feb'14. Great customer support by Tata Sky :joyous:
Since mine is Mega Pack 2 yr which was subscribed before Feb'13 wherein Tata Sky introduced "Specials", so by obligation I get all the channels that are introduced during those 2 yrs.
Same way got Start World Premiere HD activated, but stopped watching it later, same repeat shows and being more movie buff.
Watched 3:10 to Yuma and Dark Knight Rises on HBO Hits. Great picture & surround sound clarity. Best of all NO ADS.
Email id of CEO for those who too have 2 yr pack can also have it activated.
to : harit.nagpal@tatasky.com
cc: ceo@tatasky.com, ccoo@tatasky.com, help@tatasky.com

Lastly I would like to add its not Tata Sky fault regarding pricing because:

[*]Its HBO who has decided to price it at a premium.
[*]HBO has not allowed them to give it in a pack so they would have to be a la carte or "Special"
[/list]

If all channels starts demanding premium price for their channels, it would be difficult for operator to get subscribers for these channels.
But some channels do opposite as well, remember ESPN-STAR having case against Tata Sky for removing their sports channels from base packs. Similarly IndiaCast (which distributes COLORS, etc channels) had case against DISH TV because DISH TV was planning to remove IndiaCast channels from base pack.

Content is good in both the channels, activated and will only try 1 month but yes the quality is top notch and the content currently airing has some good movies with dual language for select movies but nevertheless 99 per month is unaffordable.

Next to shutdown should be STAR World Premier HD 😀