Term Plan Insurance: Which Brand to buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 15,722
no this is the speciality of this plan, instead of giving lumpsum amount, they give the benefit like this.

I also personally feel that by this way nominees will use money in better manner.

cool. i thought all policies are like that. i would prefer a bulk payment as money can be invested by the nominee as per his/her will.

Bumped into this thread now. Looking to buy one for myself. I have a term plan from LIC but the insured amount is small. I am told if you have to change a life insurance plan, there should be an overlap of 3 years otherwise the claim settlement is not easy. Is it true? I got both my car insurances from policybazaar.com. It was cheap as well as convenient. What do you guys think about it?

Ok so I applied for HDFC Life. Now they have asked for several medical tests:

One of the tests is BIO test. What is its full form? Google is not showing anything related.

I thought they sent you to a partner clinic where all tests are done free?

Yes, atleast right now support guy told me its FREE.

Also no mention of any kind of charges in the e-mail that they have sent.

But I still need to know what BIO test means.

I bought term plan from aviva. they arranged the doctor visit to my home in the early morning. u dont have to eat 12 hours before the tests.
it was a pleasant experience. all free of cost and I got the reports as well.

Well HDFC does not arrange for doctor at home! (or may be they do if u request - i am not sure)

And yes, even I hope that they give me reports!

But still what is BIO test?!! 😀

Called the medical center directly and they said its a kind of blood test!

When I bought my term insurance from ICICI in 2008, I did not have any medical test. Is it something new now?

1. Rules have gone stricter as more and more people have started applying for term plan
  2. If you claim that you are young and fit they may decide that "ok no tests necessary"
  3. Assured amount also plays a role. Bigger the amount more they be careful