Configuring ONT

• Thread starter Thread starter Aniruddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 80,039
Hi Guys,

Need help in changing the Wifi Name which BSNL guy has given in and somehow I am not getting the option to change it. So it is normal ONT Type modem with TP-Link Modem cum router connected for wifi connection. Whenever I try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2 to get into TP link page it just says page not available. I am able to view ONT page by 192.168.1.251 but fo not have any option to change the name of the wifi... Please suggest how to proceed in this matter.

@Persey
1. You should first disconnect the the TP link & ONT
2. Connect laptop to the TPlink-cum adsl mode
3. Now login to the TPlink - using 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.251 (they way you were accessing earlier)
4. Disable DHCP server on the TPlink
5. Connect the wan port of TPlink to the first port of BSNL ftth modem
6. it should work now
let me know how it went...

@Persey
1. You should first disconnect the the TP-Link & ONT
2. Connect laptop to the TPlink-cum adsl mode
3. Now login to the TPlink - using 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.251 (they way you were accessing earlier)
4. Disable DHCP server on the TPlink
5. Connect the wan port of TPlink to the first port of BSNL ftth modem
6. it should work now
let me know how it went...
Hey,do u use BSNL FTTH,if yes can u please suggest me some good routers...

Hi Aniruddha,
I think ONT in bridge mode not in RG mode.. so you can't log into the ONT.
Still you require any details and support. please let me know your telephone number to find the ONT mode.
With Regards,
Sivalingam
Alphion
when i access my modem at 192.168.1.251 i only see ont admin option alone i donna what to do is there any mode options.
if so how to change the mode of operation.
my modem is AONT-100C type no:00142-00029-63.

Hi Sivalingam,
In the AONT-100C provided by BSNL, only 1 RJ-45 E/n port is enabled of the 4 ports available. Similarly, only 1 RJ-11 tel. port is enabled of the two available. How can we enable all the ports ?
me too have same issue

Hi Aniruddha,
I think ONT in bridge mode not in RG mode.. so you can't log into the ONT.
Still you require any details and support. please let me know your telephone number to find the ONT mode.
With Regards,
Sivalingam
Alphion

Hi,

I have 3 lights glowing on the ONT. Power ,Fiber and Data. I've kept auto IP (DHCP) and Auto DNS set in IPV4 settings on my desktop as advised for configuring BSNL ONT (BSNL FTTH Modem settings | Fiber router configuration). I'm still getting page not reachable prompt when trying to access 192.168.1.251. My ONT is Alphion AONT 100C. Could someone please advise. Much Appreciated.

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem as above! I am not able to logon to the ONT using the browser, however, I could configure my WiFi Router to work with PPPoE and access the internet. I am looking to configure the userid/password in the ONT itself. Any one has any clue on what could be wrong? Or if the ONT is in bridge mode, how to change that with out logging on? I tried the reset button, but it restarts the ONT with test LED on. I can ping 192.168.1.251 when test LED is on, but still can't logon via browser. Any help is highly appreciated. Contacting BSNL customer care is as usual a pain, and they have no idea what I am talking about.

For anyone having this same problem where the ONT is in bridged mode, and not able to logon to 192.168.1.251, This is how I resolved it. As usual, BSNL customer care was not helpful at all and after raising multiple complaints, nothing was done. I went to Alphion website, opened a support ticket by providing the ONT serial number. They remotely did an update and changed it from bridged mode to routed mode. Everything works just fine after that.

Can anybody help me? My ONT model is AONT-100C from BSNL. And I am using windows 10, 32bit OS in my laptop.
Power and Fiber LED status is "Stable Green". Data Led is blinking in ONT. When I connect to Phone using TEL1 port, When I call to the assigned telephone number using any other phone for checking, it says "Out of Order". This is the initial status.
Can't we configure ONT modem with this pre-existing conditions? We can configure ONT only when phone number is active?
I have connected Ethernet port1 of ONT modem to my laptop ethernet port with RJ45 cable. Setting of Network are: Obtain IP address and DNA server address automatically.
When I type 192.168.1.251 in the browser, the response is "This site can’t be reached 192.168.1.251 took too long to respond."
Please help me out.

Hi,

I have 3 lights glowing on the ONT. Power ,Fiber and Data. I've kept auto IP (DHCP) and Auto DNS set in IPV4 settings on my desktop as advised for configuring BSNL ONT (BSNL FTTH Modem settings | Fiber router configuration). I'm still getting page not reachable prompt when trying to access 192.168.1.251. My ONT is Alphion AONT 100C. Could someone please advise. Much Appreciated.

Thanks.
I hope your problem is rectified. If so, please let me know. I am facing the same issue. Kindly help.

Thanks for the reply. I did assign 192.168.1.2 to my PC but I couldn't access the admin via 192.168.1.1. The subnet was 255.255.255.0.
The ONT is Alphion AONT 100C.
UPDATE:
Okay, I was able to manually configure the settings:
IPv4: 192.168.1.10
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.251
I'm able to ping and telnet to 192.168.1.251 but can't access it from browser.
The ONT has it's TEST LED glowing.
Hi aniruddha can you tell me all the assignments you did in your ipv4? I am unable to telnet the ont but can ping and use internet. I can login via my browser to 192.168.1.251. I kept gateway 192.168.1.251,local ip 192.168.1.100,dns 8.8.8.8...please share. TIA.

Hi aniruddha can you tell me all the assignments you did in your ipv4? I am unable to telnet the ont but can ping and use internet. I can login via my browser to 192.168.1.251. I kept gateway 192.168.1.251,local ip 192.168.1.100,dns 8.8.8.8...please share. TIA