Configuring ONT

• Thread starter Thread starter Aniruddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 80,044
It's the same. First, assign an IP to your PC (like 192.168.1.5) via TCP/IP properties and then try accessing the modem via 192.168.1.1

Thanks for the reply. I did assign 192.168.1.2 to my PC but I couldn't access the admin via 192.168.1.1. The subnet was 255.255.255.0.
The ONT is Alphion AONT 100C.
UPDATE:
Okay, I was able to manually configure the settings:
IPv4: 192.168.1.10
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.251
I'm able to ping and telnet to 192.168.1.251 but can't access it from browser.
The ONT has it's TEST LED glowing.

Hi Aniruddha,
I think ONT in bridge mode not in RG mode.. so you can't log into the ONT.
Still you require any details and support. please let me know your telephone number to find the ONT mode.
With Regards,
Sivalingam
Alphion

sivalingam said:
Hi Aniruddha,
Still you require any details and support. please let me know your telephone number to find the ONT mode.
With Regards,
Sivalingam
Alphion
Thanks for your response, I was able to figure it out. The ONT was indeed in bridge mode. 😉

Just got this ONT 850a. Even if its in bridge mode you can access give you pc ip 192.168.100.x ( x can be anything from 2 to 254) mast 255.255.255.0
now u can access the ONT by 192.168.100.1
username “telecomadmin” and password “admintelecom”

Hi I have just got FTTH installed and my ONT is fiberhome AN5006-04 EPON remote device. How can I access the web interface of this device ? There is a Console port RJ45 together with the regular LAN ports. Do i access the configuration interface using console or lan ports ? Thanks.

Hi All,

BSNL is providing FTTH connection to my apartment..
They told me initial security deposit - 1000
Installation charge - 500
One month plan charge
to pay in advance.. And 150 extra for modem every month..

I have 2 questions -
1. If we configure the modem by ourselves, do we need to pay installation charge and
2. Can we buy FTTH modem in the market?

No FTTH modems are currently available in the markets in India.No BSNL will still charge you for the infrastructure( installing a local switch and the fiber wiring)in your area.Its hard to configure the modem by yourself.

Hi Aniruddha,
With Regards,
Sivalingam
Alphion

Hi Sivalingam,
In the AONT-100C provided by BSNL, only 1 RJ-45 E/n port is enabled of the 4 ports available. Similarly, only 1 RJ-11 tel. port is enabled of the two available. How can we enable all the ports ?

Would need firmware to enable it as i think they have specifically done it for bsnl. I can be used as wired router and attaching a wireless access point without DHCP can be done. There are GPON from Tenda also but with 1 rj45 only and also no telephone connection.

Hi All,

BSNL is providing FTTH connection to my apartment..
They told me initial security deposit - 1000
Installation charge - 500
One month plan charge
to pay in advance.. And 150 extra for modem every month..

I have 2 questions -
1. If we configure the modem by ourselves, do we need to pay installation charge and
2. Can we buy FTTH modem in the market?

You can buy from BSNL but it's too expensive like 12K to 14.5K.

Also you can buy your own modem recently this option has been given to customers.
BSNL FTTH ONT Equipment Outright Purchase Option

Yes FTTH modem(ONT)s are available in the market but not in india u have to buy from online stores.
I found one from Amazon but i dont know whether it is compatible with BSNL OLT or not.
http://www.amazon.in/StarTech-com-Fiber-Ethernet-Converter-MCM110SC2/dp/B002Q0WMWQ#productDetails

But BSNL tells that the outside modem may or may not be compatible with the BSNL OLT(optical line terminal)

Hi Guys,

Need help in changing the Wifi Name which BSNL guy has given in and somehow I am not getting the option to change it. So it is normal ONT Type modem with TP-Link Modem cum router connected for wifi connection. Whenever I try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2 to get into TP link page it just says page not available. I am able to view ONT page by 192.168.1.251 but fo not have any option to change the name of the wifi... Please suggest how to proceed in this matter.