Configuring ONT

Ramji

Mar 31, 2015
Hi Aniruddha,
I think ONT in bridge mode not in RG mode.. so you can't log into the ONT.
Still you require any details and support. please let me know your telephone number to find the ONT mode.
With Regards,
Sivalingam
Alphion
Hi Sivalingam,
In the AONT-100C provided by BSNL, only 1 RJ-45 E/n port is enabled of the 4 ports available. Similarly, only 1 RJ-11 tel. port is enabled of the two available. How can we enable all the ports ?

ACMEpower

May 2, 2015
Hi Sivalingam,
In the AONT-100C provided by BSNL, only 1 RJ-45 E/n port is enabled of the 4 ports available. Similarly, only 1 RJ-11 tel. port is enabled of the two available. How can we enable all the ports ?

ACMEpower

May 2, 2015
Would need firmware to enable it as i think they have specifically done it for bsnl. I can be used as wired router and attaching a wireless access point without DHCP can be done. There are gpon from tenda also but with 1 rj45 only and also no telephone connection.

Manjunata

Sep 5, 2015
Hi All,

BSNL is providing FTTH connection to my apartment..
They told me initial security deposit - 1000
Installation charge - 500
One month plan charge
to pay in advance.. And 150 extra for modem every month..

I have 2 questions -
1. If we configure the modem by ourselves, do we need to pay installation charge and
2. Can we buy FTTH modem in the market?
You can buy from BSNL but it's too expensive like 12K to 14.5K.

Also you can buy your own modem recently this option has been given to customers.
BSNL FTTH ONT Equipment Outright Purchase Option

Yes FTTH modem(ONT)s are available in the market but not in india u have to buy from online stores.
I found one from amazon but i dont know whether it is compatible with BSNL OLT or not.
http://www.amazon.in/StarTech-com-Fiber-Ethernet-Converter-MCM110SC2/dp/B002Q0WMWQ#productDetails

But BSNL tells that the outside modem may or may not be compatible with the BSNL OLT(optical line terminal)

Percy

Feb 11, 2016
Hi Guys,

Need help in changing the Wifi Name which BSNL guy has given in and somehow I am not getting the option to change it. So it is normal ONT Type modem with TP Link Modem cum router connected for wifi connection. Whenever I try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2 to get into TP link page it just says page not available. I am able to view ONT page by 192.168.1.251 but fo not have any option to change the name of the wifi... Please suggest how to proceed in this matter.

NarayanIyer

Mar 1, 2016
Thanks for your response, I was able to figure it out. The ONT was indeed in bridge mode. ;)
How did you login? my friend has similar problem. The Test LED is glowing & i was not able to login to 192.168.1.251.(Though ping worked)

NarayanIyer

Mar 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

Need help in changing the Wifi Name which BSNL guy has given in and somehow I am not getting the option to change it. So it is normal ONT Type modem with TP Link Modem cum router connected for wifi connection. Whenever I try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2 to get into TP link page it just says page not available. I am able to view ONT page by 192.168.1.251 but fo not have any option to change the name of the wifi... Please suggest how to proceed in this matter.
@Persey
1. You should first disconnect the the TP link & ONT
2. Connect laptop to the TPlink-cum adsl mode
3. Now login to the TPlink - using 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.251 (they way you were accessing earlier)
4. Disable DHCP server on the TPlink
5. Connect the wan port of TPlink to the first port of BSNL ftth modem
6. it should work now
let me know how it went...

Advait Menon

Feb 23, 2016
@Persey
1. You should first disconnect the the TP link & ONT
2. Connect laptop to the TPlink-cum adsl mode
3. Now login to the TPlink - using 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.251 (they way you were accessing earlier)
4. Disable DHCP server on the TPlink
5. Connect the wan port of TPlink to the first port of BSNL ftth modem
6. it should work now
let me know how it went...
Hey,do u use BSNL FTTH,if yes can u please suggest me some good routers...

dravia vemal

Aug 30, 2016
Hi Aniruddha,
I think ONT in bridge mode not in RG mode.. so you can't log into the ONT.
Still you require any details and support. please let me know your telephone number to find the ONT mode.
With Regards,
Sivalingam
Alphion
when i access my modem at 192.168.1.251 i only see ont admin option alone i donna what to do is there any mode options.
if so how to change the mode of operation.
my modem is AONT-100C type no:00142-00029-63.

dravia vemal

Aug 30, 2016
Hi Sivalingam,
me too have same issue