ICICI Bank Debit Cards has different limits for domestic and international usage in the name of 'sec

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,158

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Hate when they change my account parameters without my approval.

TIL my ICICI Debit Card has decent usage limits. I have not used it in an ATM in like 5-6 years now.

This is an RBI mandate for all public and private banks in India. From 1st of December RBI has Pissed off our banking experience by introducing more stupid policies.

This is still considerable as most India don't do so much foreign Transaction or may be they are trying to promote Hawala. Other stupid thing they have started is that now every where we have to punch our debit pin where we punch our card. So, every restaurant, mall or outlet where I swap my debit card will have my pin and can plant pick pocketer behind us.

My problem is that these banks use the stupid excuse of security. They should instead say... Sorry we are being forced by the RBI to do so 😀 I mean how many people keep updated with these changes. My dad would never find out about these things. And random changes of limits on your cards etc. can cause issues for people who are out of touch.It should be mandatory for them to send actual paper documents for every policy change.

I got sms from HDFC and SBI regarding the above changes.

😀 good joke buddy. Recently I have to take leave for a day to visit SBI home branch for updating my new mobile number. I have to take leave, Travel 13 km just to fill a stupid form to update my mobile number. Forget about address change and other things. In HDFC, we need to fill their specific form for mobile number change and didn't even accepted a well drafted application with identity proof. IDBI seems to be more friendly. They accepted the written letter, provided Acknowledgement and get the updation done from home branch.

The form for mobile number change at HDFC is a simple form that can be filled in two minutes. I just had to fill in my Account number, Customer ID, new mobile number and sign. That is it. I left the rest of the form blank. I did not even carry a copy of the ID. They got it copied at the bank itself. They gave an acknowledgement and the number was updated in two days time. Took like ten minutes in total.
ICICI had a similar procedure, except they updated the number in an hour.

But to do that one have to visit the bank which is absurd. If they can allow us 3rd party transfer through net banking then why not allow to change the details online. They anyways validate by calling or sms. And why only form? Why can't they accept the letter with specimen signature and identity proof copy. Moreover ICICI is quite easy and number can be updated from any ATM.

IndianMascot said:
But to do that one have to visit the bank which is absurd. If they can allow us 3rd party transfer through net banking then why not allow to change the details online. They anyways validate by calling or sms. And why only form? Why can't they accept the letter with specimen signature and identity proof copy. Moreover ICICI is quite easy and number can be updated from any ATM.
Are you sure about mobile number in ATM..since I have changed my mobile number recently.I never came across this option in ICICI ATM.