Frequent msg. of IP address conflict

• Thread starter Thread starter Hulo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 10,234
Using MS Windows? Just press ALT+PrintScreen (or ALT and the "Prt Sc" key somewhere on the top-right of your keyboard)Do that when the window you want to capture is the one selected/topmost...Or just pressing PrintScreen (PrtScr) gets you the whole screen.Then you can open MS Paint or your favourite graphics program, press CTRL+V (to Paste) then you can save the image...

Thanks a Ton.

Originally posted by ways2gain@Apr 21 2005, 02:17 AM
I am on a UTStarcom UT 300R Modem provided by BSNL for my Broadband connection. I get disconnected often. I shall be asking BSNL to check my line - could be its earthing or something like that.
Even then Id like to know how to not use PPPoe provided by BSNL when I configure my PC - one is on Win 98 and another on XP.
Pls guide me.
[snapback]8278[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi ways2gain,
BSNL service is reported to be unsatisfactory in central & S.Kolkata. I don't know where u stay. In N.Kolkata, things are fine ! In fact u should immediately call DataOne fault repair to check your line for line attenuation and SNR. As for ur question, things are same for win98 and winXP.
Do the following : In TCP/IP prop. of network adapter, set to obtain IP automatically.
Connect ur modem lan cable to pc and fire 192.168.1.1 to access management interface. For default login, read manual. Enter userid,pass,conn.type=PPPoE LLC,defaultroute=on,nat=on,virtual circuit=on, always on=on,VCI=35,VPI=0,mru=1458,dhcpmode=server.
Now save settings and reboot PC and modem. It has been set for always on and autodial. If you plug in the modem to a switch and connect multiple PCs to the switch, all PCs will gain access. If u have single pc just connecting lan cable to modem and PC will do fine. I have been using the router functionality and works fine.

All the best, 😉

I am in South Kolkata though DIAS is excellent here as I have one DIAS for my Dad, while its the Broadband which suffers call drops repeatedly.Ill take the happiness of BSNL now from Monday onwards as we shift our Corporate office on Saturday and till then Im held up. Ill post my results thereafter for everyones update.Also Ill try those settings in my new office for all comps.Thanks again.

I am in South Calcutta but my Dataone service is fine. I sometimes get more than my advertised download speed of 256 Kbps. I think the proximity to the exchange and quality of line matters, so far as the speed is concerned. Also, the whole of the cables right from the exchange to my building is underground and the junction box is within my building. My home is within 500m of the exchange. The quality of the cables may also matter.

Originally posted by ways2gain@Apr 21 2005, 02:19 AM
Sir

How does one make a Screenshot of any page or screen like you did so ?

Thanks.
[snapback]8279[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just to add to VishalRao's reply, I cropped the image to show only the relevant portion of the image. That makes the image smaller and also focuses on the proper area. You can crop using any photo editing software's cropping tool.

Thats fantastic. I am about 1-1.5 KM away from the exchange, cables are underground and recently wiring was changed in the building say about 18 months back. May be internal wiring is weak or something else. I do get excellent speeds I must confess.

Originally posted by Hulo@Apr 22 2005, 08:37 AM
I am in South Calcutta but my Dataone service is fine. I sometimes get more than my advertised download speed of 256 Kbps. I think the proximity to the exchange and quality of line matters, so far as the speed is concerned. Also, the whole of the cables right from the exchange to my building is underground and the junction box is within my building. My home is within 500m of the exchange. The quality of the cables may also matter.
[snapback]8309[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks a Ton.

Originally posted by Hulo@Apr 22 2005, 08:40 AM
Just to add to VishalRao's reply, I cropped the image to show only the relevant portion of the image. That makes the image smaller and also focuses on the proper area. You can crop using any photo editing software's cropping tool.
[snapback]8310[/snapback]
[/quote]

ways2gain,Did you try out the process at your new office and did it work ??

Hi HuloI just noticed that for last few days the call drops have reduced. But I had also made some chnages in the registry where I added a few lines ( dont remeber what lines so that keep alive is more frequent ). Dunno what exactly did the trick but I am get call drops much less.I call this disconnection problem "call drop" as I dont know the exact term for it.

Originally posted by ways2gain@Apr 27 2005, 11:15 PM
Hi Hulo

I just noticed that for last few days the call drops have reduced. But I had also made some chnages in the registry where I added a few lines ( dont remeber what lines so that keep alive is more frequent ).    Dunno what exactly did the trick but I am get call drops much less.
I call this disconnection problem "call drop" as I dont know the exact term for it.
[snapback]8540[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, for the last few days, the IP address conflict messeges have not appeared. don't know why. I did'nt do anything with the registry - not in this connection anyway. I made an addition to the registry to disable flash to stop those annoying flash Ads but in the process many websites stopped functioning. So I had to undo it.

Lucky you. I changed Registry to try and stop disconnections which were every few minutes. I got results but new problem of IP conflict has started. May be I have to stop hibernating and start to switch it off once everyday to get positive results.

Hulo,Its nothing but change of cfg. I had mentioned and check for worms that I had recommended, which solved the IP conflict problem !!