Please Confirm: Have The Cables Around Taiwan Repaired?

• Thread starter Thread starter jackrabbit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,240

jackrabbit

Arrive.Raise Hell.Leave.
ISP
BSNL
Hi guys,just wanted to confirm that whether all the ISP's including BSNL are having the same issue with slow/dead download speeds, because of ripping of undersea cable off Taiwan, due to a strong earthquake?Do post your feedbacks and expectations as when can we get things normal...thxkirty

Hi,Does no replies..means all are getting good speeds except me??Please help......

I am getting 10K avg on my 256kbps Business 1200 plan. I am from Chennai. I thought I could begin the new year with a bang (2mbps). But it seems to be a whimper as of now. Where is this Taiwan cable problem info?

nah lines hav not been fixed yet.. low speeds still persist.... getting about 7kBps on my 45mbps office line

There is major problem in http download but when i download via p2p, or mms:// links etc i get good speeds yesterday i got 220+ KBPS on UL 900.

Very few Home 500 plan users are complaining abt the speed problem , where as almost all 900 users are, why?

Krishnan..I second you..Is it like all people who are on unlimited packages..or higher value packages suffering from the Taiwan undersea cbale rip-off and slow http downloads...from US, UK, Aus and other servers outside India.....Any Home 500 user plan....please let us know about your download speeds.....thx,kirty

These 4 days has been hell. On 29th Dec at abt 2.30 a.m. there was incredible speed. I got upto 170KBPS average though I was 3.5 km away from the exchange. During the following days the speed decreased considerably. Yesterday and today it was like dial up. Iam on Home 500 plan and eagerly awaiting the day atleast a stable 1 MBPS is provided. 🙁If any body know pls let me know...What is that Warn🙁0%) symbol on the left side of my post?

I dunno whats going on. Browsing is good , even p2p is giving me good speed , but http downloads have gone down a lot , especially link-removed 🙄. This is weird . hmmmmm. Makes we wonder they are doing bandwidth controlling 😱

Hi Guys,I dont know abt the cables but i called up the BSNL guys today mornin... I was gettin speeds as low as 4-5kbps durin night and 10-11kbps durin daytime.. So i called them, they said tat this was abnormal and that they will check from their end.. They called back after a few mins and asked me to check the speed, so i dounloaded a 200MB file using BitLord torrent and i was gettin speeds aroun 28 to 33 variable and thought that the problem was fixed.. But once again tonight my speeds hav dropped to 9 to 10 kbps.. I am gonna call up those guys once again tomorrow and hang around until this gets fixed... The guy told me that mine was the 3rd low speed complaint that he received today.. So i think the speed decrease is around...

First thing this morning I downloaded the first part of a file (part1.rar) of 40MB from link-removed and it downloaded that in a jiffy (at 200KB/s). As I do usually, I logged out and logged again to change my ip address and downloaded the Part2.rar file of 40 MB immediately. But the speed I got was a miserable 7KB/s. Is the problem unique? Is BSNL doing some manipulation regards link-removed?

Speed from 2 Am to around 11 AM seems to be fine , after that speed becomes horrible. This is happening only on http downloads, p2p and torrents are giving good speed

Well UL 900 we all have to cry , we are not even getting a stable 256Kbps which shud be 30-35KBps but there is a heavy fluctuations from 7 - 30 KBps, now what are Bsnl offering us is no way a stable 256 Kbps, which if stable is also pretty gud, why is there so much variables and fluctauations, also from 29 Dec the speeds have been really pathetic, many of my friends have complained that they are getting speeds as fast as a dial up 😉, well i am lucky atleast i get anywhere b/w 10-35 KBps, What new year Dhamaka, the whole speed ka funda has gone for a big toss

Talked to my telephone exchange and they said that there is some problem with the server , and they are trying to rectify it. Said the line was good , said something abt upgrading and working on the server. God only knowns what 🙄