• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,386

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
http://m.timesofindia.com/india/After-BJP-now-Congress-trying-to-woo-Sourav-Ganguly/articleshow/27422916.cms
Soon after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) offered former India cricket captain Sourav Ganguly a seat to contest the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the West Bengal Congress chief also called on the cricketer at his residence here on Sunday. State Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya, however, described his meeting with Ganguly as a courtesy call, and refused to give it political colour. "The meeting does not carry any significant meaning, contrary to what is being reported by the media. What he will do is his decision. I have not given any kind of proposal (to him) regarding politics. It is a private meeting," Bhattacharya said. However, political circles were agog with speculation that the Congress was keen on offering Ganguly a Rajya Sabha ticket, or candidacy for Lok Sabha polls 2014. Meanwhile, 41-year-old Ganguly said he got a proposal from the BJP, but had not yet decided anything in the matter. "Yes, I have received a proposal, but am yet to decide anything. It's a big decision, and not an easy one. I will have to sort out so many things," Ganguly said. State BJP president Rahul Sinha on Saturday said party general secretary Varun Gandhi, also the in charge of the party's affairs in West Bengal, had, during a meeting in Delhi, made the offer to Ganguly to contest the Lok Sabha polls from a constituency of his choice.
I also considered posting in politics or humour forums before posting here

Right. Just read that they are offering him the post of Sports Ministry. FML.

I doubt bjp would have offered directly sports ministership as they have already sidhu and recently rathore too joined

I guess Rahul David would be next..Congress should have made Azhar the sports minister 😛leasantry:

he is an opportunist. he would be back when it makes more sense for him than the parties inviting him.