Speed Increased To 2 Mbps Frm 29th Dec 06

things should get better in the coming days. its a government organization after all.

I agree. After posting that I was getting 150/185 yesterday was working till late night. I could see that I was again getting around 490/190 consistently till 11 pm.It's a matter of time till they stabilise. Of course the max I have got was 1331/197. Well even if they give say around min consistently 512/128 I would be happy.Sandeep

Hi, I am from Kerala. I was thrilled hearing that BSNL is increasing the data rate upto 2MBPS. Infact from 1st jan, i am getting pathetic speeds of 56kbps and 66kbps. I dont know what is happening. In the nearby city of coimbatore, i tested and found that they are getting ipto 1.1MBPS speeds.

Phew... So much complaints abt BSNL??? I believe that Mr.Maran could have announced a doubling of bandwidth rather than such an ambitious 2Mbps upgradation.. Could BSNL handle this? :blink:

QUOTE(gopikrish @ Jan 6 2007, 01:05 AM) [snapback]73484[/snapback]
Whats the telephone number in chennai to make a complain for my speed not increasing ?
Thanks.[/b]

contact your local exchange

QUOTE(amitD @ Jan 3 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]73010[/snapback]
HI

I'm From Pune and using Home 900UL Plan . My speed has also decreased from 32 KBps to 8 KBps ... BSNL is increasing or Decreasing speeds ... WTF is going on ... ???[/b]

I am from Pune too .Untill dec my speeds were good...and after BSNL suckers did the 2mbs crap..Ul 900 has gone for a toss..I am hoping we shud get some respite soon..else i think we need to change plans !!!

yeah, till now MTNL/BSNL were the best in terms of speed (committed) but since this 2 mbps thing, sometimes just browsing even becomes a pain...

i get speeds of average 200kB/s only in flashget, and even if i download the same file using browser it never gives such speeds and the speed increases in the browser only if the website is full of large pic or photos. can anybody tell what is happening, because when i download from link-removed(which has very good network) does not cross 32kB/s....

QUOTE(pchethan @ Jan 9 2007, 10:01 PM) [snapback]74220[/snapback]
wtf.. bsnl sucks.. who would pay 900 for a slower connection?[/b]

nobody pays for the speed.....we all pay for the two letters---->"UL"

Yes its true , after this 2Mbps fiasco the speeds consistency has gone down, we no longer get good speeds also getting anything more than 32Kbps on link-removed is a rarity, prior to 1st Jan i was getting good downloads speed from link-removed, nowit seems to be stuck below 32KBps, also its true you can get to know the download speeds only thru flashget and DAP, where speeds of 180+ can be achieved as far as browsing is concerned, nothing special can be seen. BSNL have completely screwed up this freebie promotion