VOIP and Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter kbjkbj1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,512

kbjkbj1

Hi All,VOIP is the latest in the market. Here's a test if your DSL or Broadband will work for VOIP?Try this : testyourvoip.com > Select San Jose in Call DestinationPlease post your test results here for analysis. Thankskbjkbj1

First I got this

Testing on Alternate Port

Your computer couldn't call our location on the standard SIP port (5060). Generally, this failure is caused by a firewall blocking our calls. We are going to re-run the test over a commonly available port (6000) to diagnose the problem.[/b]

Then I got
Test Failed

Your computer couldn't call our location on the standard SIP port (5060), but did successfully communicate over a commonly available port (6000). This suggests that an application or firewall is blocking our SIP access. Please check the following:

* If you have a VoIP Service, your VoIP/Phone Adaptor may have reserved the standard SIP port and is filtering out our SIP packets. Consider temporarily removing the Adaptor from your configuration and re-running the test.
    * Your Personal Firewall, if you are using Windows XP, may be filtering the SIP port used for communication.
    * Either your home firewall or your broadband provider's firewall is blocking the SIP port used for communication.

Please check these firewall settings and ensure that UDP ports 5060 and 50000 - 50100 are open for RTP streams and SIP signaling. Then re-run your test.
[/b]

I am using Airtel 64K plan