British Sky Broadcasting: Revoke the Premiership Rights from Star Sports India

• Thread starter Thread starter puneet28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,517
Eh...
Firstly.. why?
And second, you do you know that Sky owns Star, so you are asking them to revoke the rights from themselves?

Sky owns Star ????? 21st century Fox owns star. Or am I missing something?
OK.. Wiki to the rescue
Among its holdings are Fox Entertainment Group—owners of the 20th Century Fox film studio and Fox television network among other assets, pan-Asian pay channel operator STAR TV, Italian television provider Sky Italia, and stakes in the television providers BSkyB and Sky Deutschland.
Also
The News Corporation takeover bid for BSkyB was a proposed takeover of British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB) by News Corporation, the media conglomerate of Rupert Murdoch. The bid was launched in June 2010, but was withdrawn in July 2011 following the News International phone hacking scandal. News Corporation already owned 39.1% of BSkyB, and held on to its stake following the collapse of the takeover bid.
So yeah, they own a stake in Sky... directly or indirectly.

Sky TV channels is like STAR TV of India, while BSkyB is DTH service (like Tata Sky).
FOX Ent group owns Sky TV, and has some stake in BSkyB, just like it owns STAR and has some (I think 20%) stake in Tata Sky).
BTW I didn't get what the real issue is about asking to revoke of Premiership Rights from Star Sports. Is it due to lots of adverts by STAR?