My laptop experience

• Thread starter Thread starter shanthi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,100
ISP
airtel
Hello Everyone,
I bought a HP cq 45 pentium based laptop way back in 2008 and now it is almost 2014 and my experience is as follows
the laptop was not working within 2 months and I sent it to HP and they had to replace the motherboard
after 2 years again the same problem and since it was under warranty again they had to replace the motherboard
after 3 years the video cable had problem and now for the last year or so no problem at all
But recently I bought an Amd laptop from HP and it conked within 20 days. So can I take it, that it is not advisable to buy amd based laptops at all ?
Also I'm thinking of buying Sony or tosibha laptops too in the near future
So can I get your expert guidance whether
1) to buy amd based laptops
2) Whether SONY and TOSIBHA's after sales service is as good as, if not better than HP
How about the ruggedness I heard SONY laptop is quite rugged ? Is it true ?
Please base your advise on India based SONY, TOSHIBA and HP.
Thanks in advance
Shanthi

If you want a rugged laptop, go for the lenovo thinkpad series.

chromaniac said:
If you want a rugged laptop, go for the lenovo thinkpad series.
Thanks for the suggestion but thinkpad is mostly for hardcore business use isn't it ? I searched thinkpad series and was not able to to find one with a good graphics card for gaming and recreational use. I maybe wrong though !

Right. AMD is no longer in the lead. Moreover they're not power efficient and high on TDP. So more heat and more noise (of cpu fan).

It's hard to comment generally about build quality and reliability of a specific brand. So, it is good to make an informed decision on your own. Buy the best machine that fits in your budget and hope for the best. If there is an option to get an extended warranty, take it because things do break in laptops.

Yup. It is a good decision to get a Haswell laptop today if it fits in your budget. The battery life improvements alone make it a must take decision.