ACT broadband in Chennai

@alfiabraham congrats! can you do some speedtests to international locations and report back what speeds you are getting? also on this site speedtest.googlefiber.net ? thanks!

Hi vishalrao, did a few speed tests as u suggested with my laptop (gigabit LAN port) connected directly to the Gx switch.

Speed test with Google Fiber.

Speedtest.net with Bharti Airtel

Speedtest.net with ACT Fibernet

I shall do some more speedtests with international locations if u can suggest the test URLs.

@alfiabraham for international speed tests you can use speedtest.net site itself just click "change server" and enter any foreign city names like zurich, berlin paris, london, san jose, tokyo, singapore etc.

If you click on your username on top-right of the page then does it show "signature" option? Maybe you need more number of posts to edit your signature but I see you already have a signature in place. Not sure.

If "signature" option is not there then go to "profile" or something similar and search around there?

Maybe it is a forum theme/style issue. On the bottom-left of the page there is style chooser area , mine says "UIX GRAY" try selecting that and see if you then get signature option?

he probably does not have the right to access that option because of low post count. but not sure how he was able to do it before because he already has a signature. i might have changed that setting after he created that signature. changing his usergroup which should fix the issue.

There is something wrong with the connection. I'm on the 150 Mbps plan in Bangalore and I'm getting full speeds to all these servers.

So the I moved to ACT Giga plan. Torrents are throttled though.

This is probably because of ACT blocking incoming udp ports willy nilly. Peers can't connect to you, hence lower speeds. Check in the torrent client preferences if the listening port is blocked.