How many of you are facing wrong data calculation on Airtel plans

ISP
AIRTEL - Shamefully
I've been using Airtel broadband 16mbps plan since a long time now. And from couple of months back, i am facing this issue where i download about 1gb of data but the smartbytes show a usage of more than 2gb. I understand that the smartbytes should calculate the data transfer between ports, but i fail to understand, to download 1gb of file, the computer cannot transfer more than 2gb of data.
How many of you are facing similar issue, where you are not using the data but the amount deducted is unfair.

Happens quite a bit 🙂

Would also like to mention, 3 months back when I asked them to get the connection disconnected, the retention department started flooding in calls, they also gave me a refund of approx Rs. 2000 and also a month of free internet. They also said, please review it for 2 months and we will get back to you.
Nobody called or enquired about my satisfaction and they still continue with the fraud data calculations.

Smart move would be to get the connection disconnected and ignore all promises and offers made by the retention department.

Got a new 1599 ( 8 Mbps ) DSL connection from Airtel yesterday. At the time of installation speed was 2 Mbps ( tested using speedtest.net ). Installation engineer told me that for a new installations, Airtel gives default speed of 2 Mbps and after an hour or so speed will become 8 Mbps. More than 24 hours passed but its still 2 Mbps. Now I have to called their customer care and chase them to get it right. Can you imagine, one have to call them within 24 Hours of getting their service!!!!!

He lied to you. If it's a brand new line, then you should have 8 mbps when he set it up. Not after '1 hour'.

Sarfaraz Ahmad said:
After breaking my head with their customer care, now finally its 8 Mbps. They are saying speed was not set to 8 Mbps in their system..
OT: Are you actually getting 8 mbps?

Sarfaraz Ahmad said:
Got a new 1599 ( 8 Mbps ) DSL connection from Airtel yesterday. At the time of installation speed was 2 Mbps ( tested using speedtest.net ). Installation engineer told me that for a new installations, Airtel gives default speed of 2 Mbps and after an hour or so speed will become 8 Mbps. More than 24 hours passed but its still 2 Mbps. Now I have to called their customer care and chase them to get it right. Can you imagine, one have to call them within 24 Hours of getting their service!!!!!
. He is correct. You would have just restarted the router. The profile automatically gets applied on the following night of the connection day. Your downloads are not counted on 2mbps.