• Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 6,561

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
We are pleased to inform you that your ICICI Bank Debit Card now comes with ATM PIN authentication for swipe transactions at merchant outlets. so now you can enjoy more secure transactions with your ICICI Bank Debit Card.
The transaction would get declined if incorrect PIN is enteredThe added security feature is for all ICICI Bank Debit Cards
I thought some ATM machines already asked for it on all Debit Cards?

Its an RBI requirement now I think. Got the same message from HDFC and SBI.

I'm keeping my SBI debit card(old one - new one doesn't ask for PIN) just for the sake that it is more secure while using at merchant outlet.
I hope if it's stolen it can't be used at ATM/Shopping/Online transactions without the PIN.

Using DC/CC w/o any PIN authorization is very risky considering how intelligent thieves now are. I wouldn't mind to enter 4 digit PIN on Retail outlets.
Also its absolutely necessary to protect yourself against any DC/CC fraud. HDFC offered me Rs.999 per year insurance which covers Lost, Stolen and all other frauds on my DC + CC upto 3 Lacs (or go for Full wallet insurance @ Rs.1499 which covers Cash and IDs as well). For CC its fine since you can report it immediately and transaction can be blocked but for Debit card you can never take a chance. In big cities Pickpockets are increasing especially on festivals so good to spend something on your wallet rather from your wallet.

Went shopping to Big Bazaar today. Was trying to pay ICICI dc. Apparently there is thing you have to enter the pin within 3-5 sec otherwise it would time out. What the fish? Had to tell Pin to the attended, as the wire to machine was not long enough to put machine across counter.
This might backfire for me..

Right. Annoying to go to the credit card machine. RBI should have made it mandatory for all credit card machines to be wireless 😛

Went to recharge my DND toll card from the POS, gave my Axis bank debit card and the guy was not able to transact since the machine was not asking for pin. Moreover he told me that since morning he did 15 transactions and out of which 10 went without the pin 😛

Got a mail from hdfc bank all transactions on debit card at retails will require atm pin to be punched in and the security measure they advised was insist on entering the pin yourself and cover it with hand or body.
Now i know each and every retailer with cctv in his shop knows my atm pin thanks for feeling me a lot safer hdfc bank.

in european countries pos to enter pin they have separate keypad with extended wire hanging on customer side.

A tip: if your transactions are getting rejected because the merchant is bypassing the pin then ask him to not to bypass it. Today morning again my transaction was getting rejected. I told him since your machine is not asking for pin that's the reason transaction is rejected. So he asked the guy sitting behind "Yaar voh pin bypass ke baad pin laana hai kya karun" he pressed a key or 2 on the machine and then the machine prompted me for pin and transaction went throughin european countries pos to enter pin they have separate keypad with extended wire hanging on customer side.
Have you seen the machines SBI is using at its counter in bank. They have a swiping machine just outside the counter and keypad attached to it. So its more safe for me. Your card stays in your hand.