No Audio On Xp. All Details Here> Please Help!

• Thread starter Thread starter Lokesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,920

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
hey guys i am having a grave problem in my pc. there is no sound/audio coming in WINDOWS XP. this has been for quite few days. no problems in sound in WINDOWS 98(just tested).then it must be a codec problem. i ran 'sherlock' and it showed vorbis decoder and vorbis encoder errors for audio codes. searched all over net and downloaded some related codecs but nothing worked. the error still persists and there is no sound coming either 🙁 what to so? how to solve? i don't want to install any codec packs. please help!

umm. it could be a possible driver problem. check that.

do you have the driver cd ?if so install chipset and driver software again !is your windows default sounds work?just check device manager (right click my computer, properties, device manager, audio)and see whether it is installed properly (no yellow sign) .. mention the model of your sound card/motherboard !!

/members/anirudha/good advice after 17 months ! for the original post dated dec 2006 !@sushubh . I feel threads like these must be closed. Only increases the post count.

i didnt see the date posted.. i saw the same in latest discussion (last 10) and i replied.. thought it was discussed recently.. never saw the date ! Anirudha got this up again !! :wall: