More Problemo

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
I got the forum software upgraded to the latest IPB release today from the company.Thus. the RSS Plugin no longer works. the inbuilt functionality for rss sucks and has been activated for you all.i will see if i can get that working whenever i can catch prathapml online.other than that. the server running this forum is a dedicated one which too cannot handle the crap load of spam bots trying to fcuk the server. and the hard disk on the server has developed some issues.i have today's backup in store. they are supposed to change the hard disk and reload the os on the server. and restore the backup.so that might mean more possible downtime today and some posts might get lost.let's hope for the best. this month has been pathetic!

maahkaal

Regulars
Regulars
Feb 6, 2006
So was this forum upgrade the reason for the forum downtime since the last week or so ? Right now the pages are loading at snail's pace and it's a real pain mate. Some person made a thread regarding airtel blocking this website and i have fears that my isp , exatt is doing the same. Can you clarify this thing ? Btw , here's hoping for a problem free and faster Broadbandforum.in in 2007 :)

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
think its mostly due to earthquake in south east asia.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
am pretty serious. that has seriously disrupted traffic to servers hosted in various part of the world...

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
Upgrade is good nice to see a spruced up replying section

waterloo_sunset

Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
New Delhi
The only thing i miss is the 'Add Selected Quote' option in the 'Fast Reply Box'. And maybe if it's secure enough now, you can add that nifty AJAX Fast Reply hack or whatever u call it. :p

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
oh yeah i was looking for that too. they have added a lot of crap stuff... am also waiting for prathap to manage to access this forum. he too is locked out.