Which broadband is available in HSR Layout 1st Sector Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter vivs_007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 11,247

vivs_007

ISP
MTS MBlaze, Airtel Transonic 60GB@8Mbps, Airtel 3G 12GB
I'm going to move to HSR Layout 1st Sector in the following week. I contacted Airtel and unfortunately they don't have network feasibility here. This absolutely surprises me to know that Airtel still don't have their network in one of the prime residential places of Bangalore. To be honest I searched all over the internet to know what all ISPs are available and there are not many. I heard of TTN network as most used broadband here in 1st Sector, but all over the internet its users are down voting and cursing it.
I hope this is my last resort to ask this question on broadband forum, if anyone is staying here in 1st Sector, do you know what all ISPs are available here? If you've heard of TTN Network, is it really that horrible as its users say?
I'm really internet starved and frustrated to my depths, this is my new home and they still don't have Airtel here. I can't stay alive on shitty Airtel 3G and expensive 4G anymore . Lord knows what the hell is taking so much time.

try with BSNL

GENIE said:
try with BSNL
Thanks for the reply GENIE.
Yes I'll keep BSNL in mind if all the other options fail. However I'm unaware if BSNL is available in 1st Sector. Can you confirm?

i think airtel is available. have a few friends using it in Sector 1.
will check and confirm and if possible, will get the guys number from whom they purchased.
currently i am using TTN from the past 2 months and only been down once for about 1 hour which was planned but i stay on Haralur road.

arnav_ch said:
i think airtel is available. have a few friends using it in Sector 1.
will check and confirm and if possible, will get the guys number from whom they purchased.
currently i am using TTN from the past 2 months and only been down once for about 1 hour which was planned but i stay on Haralur road.
Thanks a lot mate..I'd be glad if there is slightest chance of Airtel in 1st Sector. I'll pm you my number..If not possible then I might as well go with TTN since I don't have any other option.

Where exactly are you in 1st Sector. Airtel and BSNL should be in all HSR sectors but people often tend to call adjoining small layouts/palyas also as HSR where it may not be available.

GENIE said:
Where exactly are you in 1st Sector. Airtel and BSNL should be in all HSR sectors but people often tend to call adjoining small layouts/palyas also as HSR where it may not be available.
I'm staying at 11th Cross, 25th Main in 1st Sector. I can't give out the house number because even I don't know 😛 will be moving next week.
But that pretty much is the central point of HSR 1st sector you can also take a look on Google Maps.

Got it.
Check with BSNL.... They have an exchange behind HSR BDA complex
I also remember seeing a small Airtel office much further inside...I think on 22nd Cross Sector 2....check with them if you can find it.

GENIE said:
Got it.
Check with BSNL.... They have an exchange behind HSR BDA complex
I also remember seeing a small Airtel office much further inside...I think on 22nd Cross Sector 2....check with them if you can find it.
Thanks a lot for the info mate..
Actually Airtel has its presence in Sector 6 and 7 so far, also mentioned in their "coverage" database list on their site. However that's not necessarily up to date. I'll try to contact any local Airtel person if the feasibility is entirely not possible.
So all in all I have following options as per priority:
1. Airtel.
2. BSNL.
3. TTN
I'll update you guys once I get any of them setup at my room.

GENIE said:
Try first with TTN.... their office is very close to you. http://www.ttnetwork.net/contact.html

BSNL is a bit lethargic in attending to complaints. Even Airtel service is not the same as it was before.
I agree with you about BSNL they surely have dismal customer care. But the thing why I'm so pressing about Airtel is I was having it previously, 60GB at 8Mbps.. I really had absolutely no issues with it. No down time, Speed was constant like hell, No issues with customer care, No issues with Bill charging, they never charged me one penny more than promised. I even changed my plan thrice, from 30GB to 70GB to 30GB to 60GB.. Seriously no issues, those guys even reply to emails on time 🙂..
That's why I would just blindly take Airtel any time if it's available.
But anyway I can't do anything if it's not available 🙂 I would go with TTN in that case.

Yes, Airtel has been consistently good in HSR...I got connected with Airtel way back in 2004 and havent found a reason to switch to another provider 🙂

Update:
Hey guys.. So I posted several ads over the internet and finally got a call from Airtel, and to my surprise the official said Airtel is available at my home location (which was refused a week before). He said he'll come over to my house for documents and Rs.500 as security deposit which will be paid in full at the time of disconnection.
My question is, since when has Airtel started to charge security deposits? I had airtel like one year before but this security deposit concept wasn't there.
Are you guys aware of this thing? Do you smell something fishy here?

I dont remember if I paid security deposit.....but I managed to grab a landline instrument when my tenant vacated and they let me keep it for free
Are they also charging for installation/internal wiring ?

No they're not charging anything for installation. He said Airtel is charging security deposit since last 6 months.
I'd better see his ID before anything just in case if it was a fraud 😛 But from his talking he seemed to be an Airtel person.