how to make phone unreachable ?

• Thread starter Thread starter ishaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 22,538
are you guys sure the above apps and procedures make number unreachable ?
i do not want a call blocker thing that creates a busy tone for the caller [color=#ff0000;]i need unreachable to be heard by caller[/color]
ghpk said:
quoting you as I want to clarify, Cyanogenmod has BEST Blocking feature, at-least in earlier version which I used, it doesn't gives BUSY TONE.
the incoming call would fail even before your phone rings or flashes the number.
this is some Hidden secret of that ROM, Also their would be no logs of Blocked number in your device.
I blocked my other number and tried like 1000 times, never could hear a busy tone or user busy message, it just failed to go through, tried blocking various operators and tried dialing from others, Never got REJECTED or BUSY Tones.
The call always failed to connect. like in case of dialing a number where you don't even get a alert for "dialed a wrong number" types and return back to
dialing screen.
I've used many Firewalls/blockers on Android, but I've not found one which could kill a call like CyanogenMod.
Wish it worked on MTK 6577 based devices...........
i dont want to install a custom rom as of now just for this lol

i do not think any thing at phone level solution can simulate "number unreachable" for selective numbers the best they can do is network error for which the other party will get an announcement configured by operator.
As I understand your service provider always have the information of the Cell Tower serving you (your phone keeps updating its location information periodically and it detaches it self from the cell tower on switch off and that is how power off is different from unreachable).
So when you receive a call the cell tower your phone is associated with pages your phone and if your phone does not answer here your phone is unreachable. At this point in call the phone number of the calling party is not available to your phone and thus as you plan to selectively block calls it can not simply ignore this paging.
On completion of above procedure the cell phone gets allocate a radio channel on which call setup information actually flows and here for the first time the phone number of the other party is made available to your phone based on which it can decide whether to accept or reject the call. It can obviously simulate the scenario as if you have rejected the incoming the call (that is when caller gets a busy tone) or one of the n network failure possible which generates an error code in your operators exchange.
Mobile operators have to configure an announcement for all network codes and a default announcement now as your phone has generated an error code what the other party will hear depends on the announcement that your operator has configured for that particular error code which may change over a period of time and may be different from one operator to another.

In airtel transfer call to 0000000000 or 9999999999 the number become invalid.it helps me sometimes.oh network problem.or wrap your mobile phone in aluminium foil.signal is lost and phone become unreachable but for temporary period.

my SGS3 has this by default....whenever i put my phone in flight mode, the becomes not reachable. 😛leasantry:
So i am a casualty of Not reachable menace. I came to know this when my boss once said kya bhai battery nikal diye ho kya !! :Kill: :Kill: :Kill:
I guess my phone doesn't register a switchoff sort of command to the operator. It simply disconnects from the network.

I have a simple solution for the issue....... a strong hit of hammer over your phone can make it unreachable... Note:- success possibility will depend on how stronger that hit was, but you can try it again n again till desired result not achieved.... Thank you... Jan hit me jaari... :lol: