• Views Views 2,646

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
BSNL: 2007 is year of broadband in India
Government owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has announced the next year as the year of the broadband services in India.
The company has announced their plans to increase the broadband speed for their customers from 256 kbps to up to 2 mbps.
This service would be provided for a [...]

http://broadbandforum.co/585/200...dband-in-india/

2MBPS @ R.s 250 lolzz

he was talking about unlimited bandwidth

and whats that with data caps? unlimited speeds? nounlimited availability? nowhats unlimited in that case?

QUOTE(avinds @ Dec 24 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]71595[/snapback]
he was talking about unlimited bandwidth
[/b]
An adsl line if allowed to explode at full rate could peak 8mbps while adsl2+ could hit 24mbps.
We could achieve 60% of these theoretical limit easily so what kind of unlimited speed is this?

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Dec 24 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]71618[/snapback]
and whats that with data caps?

unlimited speeds? no

unlimited availability? no

whats unlimited in that case?
[/b]

unlimited stupidities

unlimited lies

unlimited false promises

unlimited nonsense

take your pick!!

That was a good one Max... But I don't know if BSNL is really going to upgrade the connection from the 1st of Jan... Till now there is no news regarding the upgrade officially in their website and no info about the new tariff plans. Less than a week to new year now but BSNL still keeps silent... At least they should have announced the plans before a week. If they are not gonna announce it right after Christmas then I really doubt they will do it...Moreover the news that was announced about the upgrade was not very widespread. It came up in some newspapers and there was no news regarding this in my local newspapers. I mean I don't think it reached the ears of many. Are they really gonna upgrade??? Nobody knows...

QUOTE(GSV13 @ Dec 24 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]71622[/snapback]
An adsl line if allowed to explode at full rate could peak 8mbps while adsl2+ could hit 24mbps.
We could achieve 60% of these theoretical limit easily so what kind of unlimited speed is this?

ahh its better we request...bsnl since u going to offer 2mbps..and we know it will b capped..........plzplz plz...give us 512+256=768kbps..unlimited..at 1k ard whole day........i think u wont have any probs as we r asking for less than half u offering....lol....but we sure even that wont happen..lolz

The indication of speed increase and other changes r there. already the promised decrease in rentals of modem is there on bsnl website. The new rate of Rs 60 pM is applicable from 1.12.06

Come on, at least give them a chance, I am entirely satisfied with my BSNL connection - no downtime, speeds as promised and no bs hidden shit like sify. I'm sure they can come up with something