Tatasky hd plus hard disk failure

• Thread starter Thread starter kumararvind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 31,288
Recently I have checked the advanced system settings. And turns out it's not even a bug. Previously as I remember these 'Auto Standby' & 'Power Saving Mode' modes were off by default. But with the Tata Sky pushing the firmware auto-update, these modes have turned on.
With Auto Standby turned on, STB functions the same at specific time which is set. The scenario is same for Power Saving Mode by functioning according to it's characteristic.I confirmed the same with TS IT department by emailing the HQ. And they also advised me to keep the modes off. Then my question was that if the disk goes to the power saving mode then why my scheduled programs were being recorded with no problem? For which they responded with working on fix. In addition, they also accepted that these modes doesn't make sense for STB with DVR facility.

Thanks. In standby mode the tuners are still on and do consume significant power. Ideally in power save mode, the hard disc must also shut down if no recording is in progress. Disc must start only when recording starts. Otherwise there is no power saving.
Hardik7 said:
Recently I have checked the advanced system settings. And turns out it's not even a bug. Previously as I remember these 'Auto Standby' & 'Power Saving Mode' modes were off by default. But with the Tata Sky pushing the firmware auto-update, these modes have turned on.
With Auto Standby turned on, STB functions the same at specific time which is set. The scenario is same for Power Saving Mode by functioning according to it's characteristic.I confirmed the same with TS IT department by emailing the HQ. And they also advised me to keep the modes off. Then my question was that if the disk goes to the power saving mode then why my scheduled programs were being recorded with no problem? For which they responded with working on fix. In addition, they also accepted that these modes doesn't make sense for STB with DVR facility.

I think this error comes when we don't switch off our STB, and keep it in standby mode for recording our scheduled programmes

New software got loaded an hour ago. Hope earlier problems of frame freeze and disk recovering from energy saving mode are resolved!

I am facing a problem: STB some times does not sense the remote command...hope this issue is resolved in the new software upgrade....

Response to remote is sluggish many a time; even a channel up key press is not recognised for 2 to 4 seconds and if someother key is pressed, the functions selected happen sequentially sometimes but not always.
Obviously the programme gets into a loop and does not act on the event (key press) immediately.
Not sure whether new sw version takes care of this.
ajuravi007 said:
I am facing a problem: STB some times does not sense the remote command...hope this issue is resolved in the new software upgrade....

Still my HD+ STB software didnt get upgraded....
I wish with this new software upgrade this issue is resolved....keeping my fingers crossed.....

I was also facing the issue of the TS+ HD resetting itself on resuming from long periods of standby.
Disabling the power saver and auto standby settings has fixed the issue.

Power up was always slow in TS+ like windows; the new version has solved freezing of frames problem, but has virtually doubled start up time. If one becomes impatient and presses the standby button a second time, the box goes into standby mode. Very irritating when you want to catch news headlines or start of any programme. Change or selection of some channels is also very slow.

I have had similar problems too, usually when I am watching recorded stuff on my TS+ HD box. The picture freezes suddenly for half a minute, forward or rewinding doesn't work, the "clock/timer" in upper right corner does not advance, i.e. the live show wasn't frozen. Then after a while it the picture restores and continues playing...and a few minutes later the whole cycle repeats.
Also lately, the response to the remote has also gotten very sluggish, viewing channel guides, page down etc. etc. all shows no response for several seconds and then suddenly all the remote commands are executed one after the other. It seems like these commands are stored in some sort of a buffer that isnt serviced right away.
I also noticed that there were some programs that I am unable to delete and I wonder if these have caused fragmentation on my HDD.
The wiring, signal strength etc. are all good, I suspect this is a HDD issue. This is my first post on here. Any suggestion please?

Thanks in advance,
RD